Out of Taiwan for 2 month already,

[quote=“touduke”]back in Germany. I have to pinch myself every day cause I can’t believe I’m not dreaming.
Found a job as a interpreter Chinese-German (unfortunately just for 2 month).

Monthly 2x180€ + 1x300€ for my kids, just because they are there!

It is very international here in the Cologne area. I hear about 10 languages every day when I go shopping.
People are nice in the sense of nice. No one stares, no one drives like an idiot.

There are a lots of Chinese people and I enjoy being amongst them.

What gives me the most “high” is that the general ignorance level is back to “acceptable”.

My wife is happy, both my kids are doing fine, we get compliments for having so beautiful children on a daily basis, just like in Taiwan.
No one comes up with “we are so friendly” crap that made me so unwelcome in Taiwan.
I don’t sweat all the time. Weather is not an issue anymore!

For all of you who are unhappy on the little island: there is a beautiful world out there![/quote]

Damn, I’m half German, have eurasian children and we are about to move to Taipei!

Oh well, hopefully the move from the PR of C will be experienced as an upgrade and thus less painful.

Weiterhin viel Spaß!

Taiwan is quite different in some respects than PRC, you should enjoy it here.

That is very much what I hope!

Thanks Head Honcho!

Am I reading correctly you only make 660 Euro ? - or are you most likely overseeing a zero behind the 180 ?

I think he is talking about the state allowance for his children, not his salary ?

yes, that’s the state allowance we get for our kids, paid every month.
The kindergarten costs me 50€ a month per child, as compared to roughly 250€ in Taichung.

But money for free is not everything there is to enjoy. After 15 years without seeing and feeling any autumn / winter, I am amazed on a daily basis. Cold dry fresh air with a layer of European sun! Trees so beautiful, all the colors, walking out in the fields is great.
My chronic sinusitis is gone and my kid’s dermatitis disappeared.
Next time I write about negative stuff, right now can’t think of anything.

It’s nice alright , I like the Christmas festival in Dusseldorf. If you don’t mind the cold, it’s only for a few months I guess.
Europe is generally better for kids in terms of social welfare and school schedules. Would get more where I am from too, but jobs are not so easy to find now and taxes and costs are high. As long as you can find a decent paying job it’s okay.