Outback Steak House

This place opens tomorrow. It’s at Nanjing Dunhua between Asiaworld and Holiday Inn. I don’t know how Australian it is, but the one in Oklahoma City was pretty good. I hope they have a bloomin’ onion.

How fantastic! Thanks for the update. Their wings are always great. :thumbsup:

Just saw the story for this on the tv news.

And yes, they did feature the famous 'Blooming Onion."
and no…I think the only Aussie connection is the name.
Clever advertising. They are ALL over the US.

I wonder if I’ll be able to get a decent steak with a side of sauteed mushrooms. Yummy!! :bouncy:

But I don’t want to get my hopes up too much. The Outbacks in the U.S. aren’t bad, but the one in Beijing sucked and was way too expensive. Anyway, here’s hoping! :pray:

Is the waitstaff going to sit down at your table like they do in the States?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Just saw the story for this on the tv news.

And yes, they did feature the famous 'Blooming Onion."
and no…I think the only Aussie connection is the name.
Clever advertising. They are ALL over the US.[/quote]

Including Guam!

Been there today. They have a special where one or more steaks are half price. The tables are mostly reserved but tables are available around 9pm because of the special. Special lasts until feb 5th. They only open from 5pm to 12 midnite.

Can you post a phone number? I really want to go and try it out. Especially with that special on right now.

Drool…

OMG I’m so there. Please Please let be just like the ones in the states. I was telling my uncle how most of the american chain store steak houses are better than any of the ones in taiwan. We were at taiwan steak chain store Onion Cafe, which was average.

[quote=“kellohitty”]Can you post a phone number? I really want to go and try it out. Especially with that special on right now.

Drool…[/quote]

Here you go. 02-8712-8818

Thanks. Still drooling…

This should be the next resturant crawl!!!

Hm, is this something that people would want to go to for the Restaurant Crawl? The main purpose of the crawl is to go to places most people here wouldn’t know about and try different foods.

Still… maybe going to a familiar places might be a nice change of pace. :ponder:

So, was the steaks any good?
I am going to go the week and I would rather not if the steaks are relatively similar to the ones you get in the US or Canada.

The Taipei Times has a story on Outback Steakhouse in today’s paper.

[b]Outback’s Chocolate Thunder from Down Under is awesome.

Photo: Taipei Times
[/b]

From the Taipei Times:

The branch that opened on the second floor of the Hyatt Hotel next door to AsiaWorld shopping center is no toehold in the Taipei market.

It’s a Hyatt??? :noway:

Thought it was a Holiday Inn.

BroonAsiaWorld

And “no toehold in the Taipei market.” What the hell is it, then? Come on TT, get native-speakers to write this stuff. You’re a sad joke. :unamused:

Have to agree with that sentiment.

BroonEditor

Good God man! It’s only content! Look at the lovely layout!

Silk Purse Maker-in-Chief
Dept of Sows’ Ears

I was there yesterday at just after 5:00 to line up for a (hoped-for) 6:00 dinner. There were going to be six of us, so I didn’t mind waiting in line for them. However, when I got there, the hostess told me that it would be 10:30 pm before she could get us a table. :astonished: That’s five hours!

We changed our plans and went elsewhere, natch.