Outlet MTB frame sales anywhere?

[color=#FF0000]Greetings all riders![/color]

I´ve made it my mission of 2016 to build myself a new MTB with a combinations of parts that is not found as standard - preferably keeping the cost down as well.

It seems like the first step - to find my main platform (read: frame) is going to be the biggest challenge. Both finding the frame (as it is not sold separately) as well as keeping the cost down…

So my first point was to track where the frames are made and ask around if there are outlet sales at the factories… and that is where Taiwan comes into play.

So, my blunt question would be - [color=#0000FF]do YOU guys know any such outlet shops (looking at a specific MTB Specialized frame) in Taiwan.[/color]

Thank you in advance and :star: Happy New 2016 :star: to everyone!

[quote=“Idus”][color=#FF0000]Greetings all riders![/color]

I´ve made it my mission of 2016 to build myself a new MTB with a combinations of parts that is not found as standard - preferably keeping the cost down as well.

It seems like the first step - to find my main platform (read: frame) is going to be the biggest challenge. Both finding the frame (as it is not sold separately) as well as keeping the cost down…

So my first point was to track where the frames are made and ask around if there are outlet sales at the factories… and that is where Taiwan comes into play.

So, my blunt question would be - [color=#0000FF]do YOU guys know any such outlet shops (looking at a specific MTB Specialized frame) in Taiwan.[/color]

Thank you in advance and :star: Happy New 2016 :star: to everyone!
[/quote]

Quite possibly the most colorful post I’ve seen aside from my own weekly ride posts on the other thread.

I’m no expert when it comes to mountain bikes or mtn bike parts here in Taiwan, but I’ll answer what I can.

When it comes to your “outlet” price, for a well-known brand like Specialized, there isn’t any. I think your best bet is to ask for a model from a previous year, it’s most likely that the store ordered it in hoping someone would buy it from the store, but ended up sitting in the window display or in the store for the entire season. I know this is how road bikes receive the higher discounts bc the store just wants to get ride of their old inventory to make room for new models, but not sure if it’s the same for mountain bikes.

Just keep in mind that mountain biking isn’t very popular in Taiwan, so the low prices you hear about people buying road bikes may not apply to mountain bikes.

Try going to these shops (In Taipei) to ask any other questions:

Alan’s Mountain Bike Shop (near Gong Guan MRT)
No. 38, Section 5, Roosevelt Rd, Wenshan District, Taipei City, 116

Specialized Shop Flagship (near Jian Nan Rd MRT)
No. 688, Mingshui Rd, Zhongshan district, Taipei City, 114

FYI both shops have employees that speak very fluent English.

Good luck.