Outrageous discrimination...is this common?

Awesome reply thanks.

1 Like

There are those who innovate, and those that assemble…just a fact. Anyone can climb out. Many arent interested in learning how or working.hard and long enough to do it. However sheep dont deserve to be shit on.

Its small, cause its abonus, not actual pay discrimination. One of those small things that after a thousand build up and the odd person that cant handle it will go full on columbine.

Better to be fair and equal and pay based on skill, ouput etc. If someone works more, harder, faster etc, bigger bonus. But humans are an inherently unfair species. Thats why both ends of the system everyone can have valid arguments against.

Whatever man, it’s fuckin mean.
A 100ntd a day bonus for CNY.

3 Likes

How would we say “go postal” in Chinese?

1 Like

Ya mna, i am absolutely on board. But to be real, we need to looks.from a far and see the whole picture, only then can details be tackled. A fair amount of restraint and pulling out of bias is required to make any meaningful amount of change. Unless of course ample quantity of people are able to organize at a single time frame, hong kong style, and demand cchange. To be honest, i am on board for either method. However, one must know thy enemy in order to conquer. Although i hope and pray in my athiest lens that the hippy way, in collaboration with capitalist agreement on trade currencies, can prevail…i doubt it.

In what way? What’s the proof? How did you obtain it?

???
Companies often have different pay structures for employees hired differently. Isn’t it so at your company?

It’s transparent and not dependent on local vs foreigner per se. job grades and pay bands per grade. Anyone in a particular grade will be within that band.

Similar to the salary table for public servants?

There can be several salary tables in a company, and which one is applied depends on how you employed, at my company.

the how depends on what your experience is and what level has been assigned to you. doesn’t matter if you’re taiwanese or not.

At my company, your nationality does matter. For the comparable job levels, they get different pays. Maybe similar to a situation that employees from multiple companies are working together at a same place for a project.

Better not to. Someone might misunderstand it.
:eye:

There is not 1 Great Wall. There are 10,000. This is just another Great Wall, an obstacle for foreigners

Japanese call it RR, reasonable racism

Without entering the debate on discrimination, I second @tango42. I worked in Singapore for years and this is the norm there as well. The “poorer” your country of origin is, the lower your salary will be. Which is why companies hired (and still hire) people from SEA like crazy, despite the quotas and levies imposed by the government. It’s so common in a supermarket or F&B outlet to have a manager from SEA getting a lower salary than his/her local employees.

2 Likes

Not that common.Also most multinational/intl companies are managed by locals in Taiwan on very good packages.

Exactly the same when I worked for the British foreign office abroad. They have what they call UK based staff which are essentially just diplomats, and then there are locally employed (LE) staff which are just non diplomatic administration staff. Different pay grades, and paid in different currencies too.

No LE staff really like the way it works.

No different from the good ol’ USA and the H1-B visa program.

=oxymoron