Overpaid

People are always bitching about being shorted. Thought I’d post about being overpaid for a change (by about NT6,000 or so). I’d also like to say that I’ve never been shorted.

Long live Chuck Norris:

Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

[quote=“miltownkid”]People are always bitching about being shorted. Thought I’d post about being overpaid for a change (by about NT6,000 or so). I’d also like to say that I’ve never been shorted.

Long live Chuck Norris:

Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.[/quote]

I always got paid and paid correctly except for one time. Bad manager and school not doing well (no students). I was late 10 minutes a lot because I had to run from one job to the other. So, maybe I was paid correctly but I thought it was a little nitpicky at the time. No real complaints about Taiwan shafting me on pay.

I’m still waiting for my pay from Nov. 5th. :fume:

“Maybe” I will receive it tonight… This is becoming a bad habit of my current employer.

[quote=“funkymonkey”]I’m still waiting for my pay from Nov. 5th. :fume:

“Maybe” I will receive it tonight… This is becoming a bad habit of my current employer.[/quote]

Ouch!

I had a friend who was screwed over by a foreigner on his pay.

You guys get paid?

Not anymore. A Fillipino took my job just this week.

[quote=“miltownkid”]People are always bitching about being shorted. Thought I’d post about being overpaid for a change (by about NT6,000 or so). I’d also like to say that I’ve never been shorted.

Long live Chuck Norris:

Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.[/quote]

Hey Miltown, being overpaid is really no better than being underpaid, because you have to give that money back. You’re not planning to keep it, are you?

I worked in an accounting office in college and one of our Prof’s got overpaid. He kept the money and several months later the accounting error was noticed. He had to pay it all back -after he’d already spent it.
It would have better if he would have just 'fessed up when he noticed the overpayment.

Sometimes. :frowning:

I once got overpaid to the tune of 5,400 NT, and when I immediately brought it to the attention of the mgt, the payroll clerk went throught the ceiling saying that her calculations were always correct. After all, how dare I question her integrity. Well, when we pointed out that shew had overpaid me, she turned a few colors I won’t bother to describe, and that was the end of the conversation. Apologies and gratitude didn’t even enter the equation.

Do the right thing and return it. You are certainly worth more than any amount you have been over paid.

Keep it and spend it on cheap whiskey and cigars.

I’ll point it out to them next time I see them…

If you want to keep it a secret, don’t turn up at work in a bright red new Ferrari, OK?