"overseas chinese" FLIGHT ATTENDANT job in Taiwan's airlines

to all airline industry employees or employers and flight enthusiasts: i am a Hwachiaw (overseas chinese) holding both Philippine passport and Taiwan passport w/ taiwan ID, 26 years old, male, college graduate, speak chinese mandarin (NOT SO MUCH IN READING AND WRITING), fookien, english and several Philippine dialects. my questions goes like this:

where should i apply for a flight attendant position let’s say China airlines, Eva airways or Cathay Pacific etc… ?

what are the requirements?

is it fun working in the airlines here in Taiwan? salary?

is anybody out there who has same situation w/ me? is there any form of discrimination in the workplace? (i hope no discrimination, since it is an international airline, should be multicultural)

how to apply?

thank you so much for your help! this means a lot to me.

[/b]

Ask the airlines. China Airlines is prone to crashing . . . it had to be said.

HG

An insider told me they reject all applications from people who don’t start each sentence with a capital letter.

i would look at their respective websites and go from there. they usually list recruitment calendars, requirements etc.

It just wouldn’t be Forumosa without a couple of smart ass answers, would it?

I know EVA doesn’t hire male FAs, so forget about that.

Fkicka, if you life’s dream was to be a trolley dolly would you really have to resort to Forumossa to track down an airline?

HG

using your reasoning lets be pricks to every single person that enquires about how to find X job in taiwan. give the guy a break. he has posted a genuine question.

If you are acne prone, don’t apply to be a flight attendant. They won’t hire you.

There are cram schools in Taiwan that will prepare you for the handful of flight attendant jobs. I don’t know if it’s worth taking the class, but from what I hear they are about 99.9% women.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Fkicka, if you life’s dream was to be a trolley dolly would you really have to resort to Forumossa to track down an airline?

HG[/quote]

He was also asking for experiences or any other tidbits about the profession that you can’t find on their Web sites. “Trolley dollies” played a big role in saving the lives of 297 Air France passengers last August.

Because of your language skills, I would apply to every airline that is operating in the region: Qantas, Air New Zealand, Philippine Airlines, Cathay…I don’t think you will have any problems getting a job. You are the right age and everything…

Oh alright, it’s unlike me to be prickly to a newbie. Sorry miguel_onglatco2.

I agree with Kick-Stand. You should try all regional airlines, including Dragonair (they’re expanding quite quickly at the moment), Cathay, Bangkok Air, Asia Air, etc. Check the websites of the various airlines for their employment links.

I have heard China Air have a training program in Kaohsiung. I believe China Air recruit heavily from course graduates. Sorry, no other details.

But I’m curious, it appears you’re probably in the Philipines, why not Philipines Air? I can see a potential problem for you if you decide to apply for a job in Taiwan (presuming you are in the Philippines). If you can become a local hire in the Philippines it shouldn’t be a problem, but if you use your Taiwan passport to land a job in Taiwan the governement may want you to do your military service.

This may make it far more attractive for you to seek work with other airlines requiring Chinese.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Fkicka, if you life’s dream was to be a trolley dolly would you really have to resort to Forumossa to track down an airline?

HG[/quote]

you do not know what you are saying. what is FORUMOSA for? please check on your words. it might hurt people in this community. don’t get me wrong bro.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Oh alright, it’s unlike me to be prickly to a newbie. Sorry miguel_onglatco2.

I agree with Kick-Stand. You should try all regional airlines, including Dragonair (they’re expanding quite quickly at the moment), Cathay, Bangkok Air, Asia Air, etc. Check the websites of the various airlines for their employment links.

I have heard China Air have a training program in Kaohsiung. I believe China Air recruit heavily from course graduates. Sorry, no other details.

But I’m curious, it appears you’re probably in the Philipines, why not Philipines Air? I can see a potential problem for you if you decide to apply for a job in Taiwan (presuming you are in the Philippines). If you can become a local hire in the Philippines it shouldn’t be a problem, but if you use your Taiwan passport to land a job in Taiwan the governement may want you to do your military service.

This may make it far more attractive for you to seek work with other airlines requiring Chinese.

HG[/quote]

apology accepted. thanks for your advice. i am here in taiwan as of the moment, i’m a dual citizen of Phils. and Taiwan. the reason why i would like to apply here in Taiwan is because, there are so many airlines here to choose from, stable, and of course the salary might be higher than there in the Phils. i just really love to work in an airline industry. again thanks for the advice, it is something i should consider, something to think about.