Overstay 1 month or overstay 10 years=Same?

Hello!
New on the scene here, does anyone know if the 10,000NT overstay fine relates to the length of overstay?
A few years back, I paid that fine for being a few months over, but what happens if a person is 4 years overstay?
Is it the same fine?
I realize that getting banned can also happen, but sitting in a prison cell is not likely. Or is it?

Thanks!

[quote=“seanomcdonno”]Hello!
New on the scene here, does anyone know if the 10,000NT overstay fine relates to the length of overstay?
A few years back, I paid that fine for being a few months over, but what happens if a person is 4 years overstay?
Is it the same fine?
I realize that getting banned can also happen, but sitting in a prison cell is not likely. Or is it?

Thanks![/quote]

Depends where you are from really. If you have previous overstays maybe they won’t be so lenient next time. Who knows it always seems to be different for each case.

I’d recommend not even considering overstaying.

I know someone who worked here under the table for 5 years. Upon going back to the states, he had to pay 10 000. He didn’t care because he saved over 2 millions during his five years here.

I would not recommend it, either, though. Five years with no health care and automatically at fault if involved in a traffic accident. That’s risky…

Based on…what exactly? Experience?

Based on…what exactly? Experience?[/quote]

…common sense…