Overstay for deul citizen; Canadian and American

If there is an overstay status on a Canadian passport and a one year banning from the country is implemented, is it possible for someone with deul citizenship (U.S. and Canada) to enter during that one year period on the American passport without discrepancy?

Thank you in advance for any advise that can be posted.

mike

Try it! Or try to get a Taiwan visa in the US, you’ll know pretty quick.

i was in this position 2 years ago. worked for 2 years… had a work permit and ARC using my canadian passport. overstayed a few days without hassle once my contract was up (Fa office wouldn’t extend for me even though i was able to prove i couldn’t get a ticket out until the day i left). when i got stamped out of taiwan, they didn’t notice.

however…

i had to come back into taiwan on a new visitor visa to start a new job. was worried the visa office would notice i had overstayed. so, i used my american passport for new visitor visa. it worked. it can be done.

Just a point… normally only visa-exempt entry is ‘banned’, not entry altogether. Are you sure you’re just not restricted from visa exemption? This means you lose the right to a landing visa, but you can still apply for a visa as normal before you go.

[quote=“spiltmilk”]If there is an overstay status on a Canadian passport and a one year banning from the country is implemented, is it possible for someone with deul citizenship (U.S. and Canada) to enter during that one year period on the American passport without discrepancy?

Thank you in advance for any advise that can be posted.

mike[/quote]