Overstay (twice!)

Im wondering if anyone has any experience with or knows of someone overstaying their visa twice.

Im a fisrt time traveller and on Im on my own studying Chinese (weak excuse, i know). The first time i overstayed it was only for seven days (i mistook my school’s semester end date with my visa end date) -flew to Bangkok got a non-extendable visa no-problems, no questions asked.

-waited 40 days , went to Taipei Foreign Affairs had my non-extendable changed back to an extendable. Paid NT 3000. and again no problems. However,I was under the impression that Foreign Affairs and the Taiwan Police work with each other .( at least this is the impression I got from the lady at Foreign Affairs).
Several days pass and Im infromed by my school that because I didn’t go to the police office after dealing with foreign affairs I have , once again overstayed!
Im already set and should be in the Bangkok visa offices on Tuesday.Feb 2nd. (by then ive overstayed 10 days).
Im an idiot, I know but I don’t need anyone to preach right about now. I just want to know what my chances are of being allowed back into Taiwan.
The stress is killin my normaly sunny disposition…anyone?

I had exactly the same thing happen a few years ago: overstayed accidently because I didn’t go to the police station after the visa change.

They stamped WILL NOT BE ADMITTED INTO TAIWAN FOR ONE YEAR in my passport. I freaked. Then he said, it just means I can’t get a landing visa. I went to Guam for vacation and got my one month extendable there, returned and did the whole process again, this time with a stop at the police station.

Don’t freak out, but pack more than you need just in case.

Good luck

hey thanks jdsmith,

its comforting knowing that others have experienced this crap and survived through it. but hey, your overstay experience with the FAP was it your second overstay? this is whats stressing me out. As i said my first overstay was an easy experience but a second time?
Im wondering if the Bangkok people will punch my numbers up in their computers to find that ive already overstayed and simply say “strike two! no entry for you!”
I’ve been told of expats still in Taiwan after two overstays but my stressed-out brain keeps telling me “their just saying that to keep my hopes up”

…anything?

[quote=“higherlimit”]hey thanks jdsmith,

its comforting knowing that others have experienced this crap and survived through it. but hey, your overstay experience with the FAP was it your second overstay? this is whats stressing me out. As I said my first overstay was an easy experience but a second time?
I’m wondering if the Bangkok people will punch my numbers up in their computers to find that I’ve already overstayed and simply say “strike two! no entry for you!”
I’ve been told of expats still in Taiwan after two overstays but my stressed-out brain keeps telling me “their just saying that to keep my hopes up”

…anything?[/quote]

That’s why I would go to another locale. But hope you come back so you can play hoops with us :slight_smile:

yeah a second locale would probably have been a wiser choice. Kuala Lumpur is my backup plan if all fails in Bangkok…when all is said and done my wallet’s gonna be devestated!

Ill report here in the future as this drama unfolds to keep anyone interested up to date…

If I make it through this mess Yellowcartman i’ll be tossing you alley-oops in no time!

back in taiwan. absolutely no problems. unbelievable! Went to the Taiwan cultural offices in BKK, paid 1500 baht for the visa plus another 1500 baht for speedy service - came back in the afternoon and picked up my passport and new visa no questions asked. The documents i needed were: bank statement( 100000NT) , school certificate, photo’s, apology letter,passport.
Although i wouldn’t recommend overstaying (unless you plan on leaving anyways) too much fuss is made about overstaying your visa on forumosa. i suppose the length of your overstay is more important than the amount of times youve overstayed
~ HL

i’ve heard of having to write an apology letter. i think my friend had to do that after she overstayed 4 months (thanks to losing her passport).
is there a specific format you had to use?

[quote=“bushibanned”]I’ve heard of having to write an apology letter. I think my friend had to do that after she overstayed 4 months (thanks to losing her passport).
is there a specific format you had to use?[/quote]

It doesn’t take 4 months to get a new passport surely?