Own a scooter? Get a dog

If you own a scooter and you like exploring mountain/country roads…get a dog. The dog will keep you company and chances are you will be saving it’s life by giving it a home.

Here is a video of me exploring a quiet road with my dogs: youtube.com/watch?v=97sbXQ3Hbdo

Here is another in which I show how my dog can jump off while the scooter is moving rather fast: youtube.com/watch?v=m1BczMgRIMU

If you decide you do want a dog. Please send me a PM. I have a well trained puppy right now that is in desperate need of a new home.

If you have a scooter but no dog, contact me… You can have mine. :smiley:

I take Jack everywhere with me whenever I take the scooter. More often that not, I choose to scoot rather than drive so I can take him.
Even if I am just going down to a store, he’s ecstatic to come along and wait patiently outside for me- usually indulging in several pats from passers by while he waits.

He’s a shocker for leaning out and often puts his front paws on my shoe. When he was a pup he slipped off once or twice at low speed, so I deemed from then that I would never TIE him on to the scooter when he rides. He’s too big to have a short leash and it drives him crazy. Instead I hold his leash between the left grip and my hand, just incase if he ever fell off I can let it go.

Well, today that saved his life. We were coming back from the beach, and he’d been swimming, so the scooter floor was wet.
He slipped off under braking, in excess of 60km, and I thought as quickly as I could when he went down - I let go of his leash.
He tumbled and tumbled until he stopped. Then he got up, ran to the scoot, jumped on and looked up as if to say “My bad, lets get outta here”
He suffered a few grazes to his elbows and paws, and his BUTT. But, he’s totally fine. I can’t imagine what would have happened if I’d just had the hand loop over one mirror. He’d have got dragged along, then possibly UNDER the scoot, and the leash would have pulled US of, possibly into traffic.

Of course, I’ll be more careful with him when he’s wet, but something to think about if you take a dog onboard.

It’s ok man. It’s not like you dropped you child or anything. :blush:

well if I had a kid here on a scooter, I sure as hell would put a helmet on them. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp here? :loco:
Come to think of it, I should look into a helmet for Jack. It’ll make a point, if anything. :sunglasses:

well if I had a kid here on a scooter, I sure as hell would put a helmet on them. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp here? :loco:
Come to think of it, I should look into a helmet for Jack. It’ll make a point, if anything. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Or get a basket.

Come to think of it, I should look into a helmet for Jack. It’ll make a point, if anything. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Or get a basket.[/quote]
You haven’t seen the mutt recently.

The only dogs in Taiwan that I’ve seen that is bigger is a Great Dane Sean rescued, and a massive chinese bred that looks like a St Bernard.

In the vids that I show above the black dog was riding in my basket…while the bigger dog took the floor. Bao Bao (bigger dog) has never fallen off…not once. I have gone on rides with scooter race clubs and I got the scooter touching down on the road on both sides in the corners…she loves it.

A few months ago, I was taking my little guy out for a trip (I think it was to the vet for a check up…) on my scooter. I had to make a left turn to get out of my little side street and across the road was an OK Mart. As I was just entering into my turn he must have decided he needed a little snack before we got under way because he waited till we got half way through the turn (and as close to the OK as possible) and jumped clean off the scooter, took a bit of a tumble, got up and ran straight into the OK Mart! He even waited for the door to slide fully open before he went in. Fortunately, everyone who works there knows us (used to carry him in when he was just a wee pup) and no one really cared when I came charging in to grab him before he could sink his teeth into anything.

He absolutely loved the scooter. Mine at any rate. He can’t be bothered with my wife’s. :slight_smile: Any time I would take him out for a walk and my scooter was parked in front of the house (as opposed to locked up in the father-in-law’s garage for the night) he would always try to jump up onto the scooter with a “are we going for a ride?” look…and usually set my alarm off…

And he loved to bark and howl the entire we’d be driving…it was so embarrasing taking him anywhere…

Alas, I no longer have my scooter so his two-wheeled adventures are over…

Im not so sure that a dog on a scooter is a brilliant idea.