Aussies to get a fair go, finally (Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad)

Hi All

I have had the biggest dick around trying to obtain a CNI from the Australian Govt, I will not bore you with the detail, but as a result Canberra have now decided that the Taipei Office WILL issue CNI’s to Australian Citizens, which will simplify the process considerably. It is expected to be up and running in about two weeks, maybe early September.

So for those contemplating the big step, good news.

2 Likes

Dinkers!!:+1:

1 Like

That’s nice for you, but do we really need to know that?

Finley

Thank you for taking the time to read the post. It appears as if it doesn’t affect you. If that is the case, pull you head in and save your bitching for something that really matters, if you want to be a bitch TROLL, expect the backlash…

aiyo mate. Just having a joke about your missing hyphen. If you’re getting married you’ll be facing 40 years of far worse than that.

I had to fly back to the UK for mine and then get it rubberstamped by some penpushers in Taiwan. Consider yourself lucky if your bureaucracy is less burdensome.

I can think of one Honorable Member around here who might disagree with OP. Just sayin’. :whistle:

1 Like

Needed to get attention, it obviously worked…

And yes it has streamlined things considerably for the Colonials from Down Under.

I edited the title. I assume that’s what CNI stands for in this context; correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Spot on thanks, all good…

I doubt the OP’s member is at all honorable :slight_smile:

I must say, it’s a pity the Aussies can’t come and give their former masters some lessons on how to run the boring mechanics of government.

Are we not in the wrong forum? Might be safer for all (worried about that Aussie backlash) if this was somewhere in legal.

But then the puritanical mod would come down hard on the dirty stuff, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How do we feel about big dicks, theoretically speaking?

Okay, I think this thread is beyond redemption. Even @BiggusDickus couldn’t save it now! :runaway:

2 Likes

Perhaps he could offer some insight as to whether the OP really wanks higher than any in Wome?

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

G’day,

Soo … did this actually happen? I tried asking the Australia Office and got a non-answer.

Would like to know this too.
Weird that this was still an issue as late as 2018.

1 Like

Odd, never had to get it to get married here. Married in 2015.

Holy crap Batman! There are Australians in Taiwan?! I thought you all left a decade ago. I swear it’s been 10 or more years since I’ve last run into an Australian here in Taiwan. I thought you all went extinct!

In 10 years there’s been an uptick in folks from the European Union, Latin America and of course the surge of folks from South Africa. But you guys disappeared.