Packing boxes

I need to buy some boxes of the right sizes/dimensions for shipping via the post office and for taking on international flights. Anyone know where you can buy cardboard boxes?

at the post office

IKEA.

Your neighborhood convenience store and grocery store will have a shit load!

Where can I get unmarked cardboard boxes to pack stuff into for shipping back home to the States?

I realize this may have been covered/mentioned before, but (ahem MODS!) again the search function is not helping.

Post Office is the best place, big strong boxes, not exactly unmarked though, they say “post office”

I picked up a pile of boxes from the local “neighbourhood freak box collector’s depot”. They were good boxes, big and strong, used for packing cans of fruit and quite suitable for carrying all my stuff out of Taiwan. But, I encountered a little problem when I had them shipped back to Oz: the local customs inspector didn’t like the look of the pineapples on the boxes, and wouldn’t allow them into the country for fear that they would breach quarantine regulations. So, I had to go to the import dock and repack everything (32 boxes) before officially collecting and then unpacking them…

If you’re planning to ship stuff internationally, use specially-prepared boxes.

You can go to those Filippino shipping locations to get boxes (balikbayan I believe they’re called). They’re pro’s at this kind of stuff and they speak English too! Also, if you don’t know where to find one, you can always ask a nearby domestic helper =P

Those balikbayan boxes are probably more expensive the post office. I vote for local post office. Very sturdy and cheap!

We are leaving Taiwan and need to find a place that sells (or gives away) good boxes that we can use to ship some things home.

Any ideas??

Post Office, Big and sturdy.

Are you sure? I went to the post office next to my house and they didn’t sell boxes. Is this true for all the branches or could it be just my branch. If this is the case, then the answer to my problem can be quite simple!

7-11 and other convenience stores usually have boxes they will give you for free. They are flattened so you need to tape them back up.

Are you sure? I went to the post office next to my house and they didn’t sell boxes. Is this true for all the branches or could it be just my branch. If this is the case, then the answer to my problem can be quite simple![/quote]
Try a bigger post office. That’s where I got the boxes I sent my stuff home in.

2 feet square or so, suitable for mailing/ moving packages

I have one. In my boot. That’s why it’s a carboard box. It’s made of plastic.

God, I’m a funny, funny man. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

If you don’t want to scavenge from your local supermarket (easy, free, convenient), you can get all kinds of boxes at the PO, but you have to pay for those, obviously.

If you live in Hsintien I could direct you to a little storefront factory that’ll run you up a few boxes to your own specs for a very modest fee.

This, I am very interested in.

This, I am very interested in.[/quote]
I can tell by your eyebrows. I’ll check out the name of the street and let you know. It’s dead easy to find. It’s just off Bei-yi Rd, in fact.

The wetmarkets. or beat up an old lady on the street, in Yong He.

I usually ask around at local stores, and then they save a few for me when they do restocking.