Page break in HTML page

Hello:

When designing an HTML page, how do I insert a PAGE BREAK? (That will tell the printer to print the following page on a new page.)

I have checked on the internet and found various solutions (which are supposed to work), however after inserting them in my HTML page they do not really work . . . . . or they seem to insert additional blank lines at the beginning of the first page, and some other pages . . . . . in a wierd fashion.

So, I was wondering if anyone with experience in this area could offer some pertinent advice.

(Note: I had originally thought that there might be some “control character” which could be inserted in the HTML page to accomplish this simple task, but according to the web pages I have read, this is not the case.)

[quote=“Hartzell”]Hello:

When designing an HTML page, how do I insert a PAGE BREAK? (That will tell the printer to print the following page on a new page.)

I have checked on the internet and found various solutions (which are supposed to work), however after inserting them in my HTML page they do not really work . . . . . or they seem to insert additional blank lines at the beginning of the first page, and some other pages . . . . . in a wierd fashion.

So, I was wondering if anyone with experience in this area could offer some pertinent advice.

(Note: I had originally thought that there might be some “control character” which could be inserted in the HTML page to accomplish this simple task, but according to the web pages I have read, this is not the case.)[/quote]

You can’t. At least not in HTML 4. If you are writing HTML5 and CSS3, then you can define the page size. But then it also depends on if the browser supports that particular feature in CSS3.

HTML isn’t set up for that sort of thing.

You could try putting this bit of CSS just before wherever you want a page break in the printing.

<div style="page-break-after:always;"> </div>

If you want the break in the middle of a table, however, don’t use a DIV:

<tr style="page-break-after:always;">

AFAIK that should work. But I’ve never tried it myself.