Pan-Blue Conspiracy Theories, E-mail Rumors & Hoaxes

Just for argument’s sake, as absurd as it sounds, let’s agree that the murder contract on Chen was “staged.” OF course, I don’t believe it one bit. But for sake of open mindedness and clairvoyance, can someone explain how it might have been staged? Go through the steps one by one.

True, no arrests have been made, no weapons found, no suspects identified, and there have been accusations of political interference in the investigation…

So if it was staged, how did the bullet hole get in the windshield, how did the bullet get inside CHen’s jacket (his aides placed it there after lunch, with a wink and nod), how did Lu’s knee get grazed, etc.

True, the FBI found Lee Harvey Oswald in a movie theater very quikcly back in JFK days, 1963, and true, the coppers here don’t have a clue yet, or aren;t saying.

Let’s say it was staged. If it was, I gotta hand it to them. But let’s say you were going to stage such an event. HOW in tarnation would you do it?

If YOU were the brains behind the operation to be staged?

NT$1,000,000 to the man or woman with the best (true) answer. [Paypal okay?]

The killer thought CBS would wear bulletproof vest, and he used low speed bullets so they should not hit too hard, just enough to create some spectacle. Of course, CBS was not informed, because then he would fall over and play along.

And, byt the way, Kennedy also staged his own assasination, but Lee Harvey Oswald missed and hit him instead of Jackie.

[quote=“X3M”]And, byt the way, Kennedy also staged his own assasination, but Lee Harvey Oswald missed and hit him instead of Jackie.[/quote]In the Red Dward episode “Tikka To Ride”, Kennedy came back from the future (Oswald missed) to be the gunman on the grassy knoll and assinated himself.

Apparently there are some monks that know it was staged, they heard them planning it at a secret meeting at their temple. (eyes roll in disbelief)

Come on, it’s the security dudes hand coming in to put pressure on the wound, a quick rewind and bingo, a slash. Look closely.

That photo from yahoo is in all the papers today, too, APPLE DAILY and last night’s evening papers front page. COnspiracy theories to the fore.

4PM: Read in the CHina Post today, if that rag can be trusted to tell the truth over and above its KMT paymasters, or maybe its CIA paymasters, that Chen and Lu kept waving to crowds in Tainan on Friday D-Day March 19 after the gun(s) was/were fired, that they kept waving and smiling for 15 minutes after the gun was fired. Can this be true or is it disinformation?

1. Critics say the bullet that hit Chen was found in the back side of his jacket later. How can that be?

2. What is all this fuss about that video that shows hand coming up to Chen’s stomach just at the precise moment of bloodshed? A knife? A fake video?

I don’t believe it one bit, but as days go by, the story still seems to have many holes in it. In Alice in WonderlandTaiwan, anything is possible, even faked staged events. On both sides. It’s pure theater in this culture.

But can anyone shoot more holes in the conspiracy theory still flying around? I just want to put all doubt out of my head.

It has been pointed out that in photos of Chen standing in the car, his jacket is bloodstained on his right side. When he walked into the hospital, the stain had moved to his left side. In photos of the operation, there are no stains on his shirt at all. Perhaps he changed his shirt. But if so, why did he put a tie on before reaching the operating table? Strange but true.

It is true that Chen and Lu went on waving after being hit, but I don’t know for how long. Also the guy in the front passenger seat, whom the bullet so luckily missed, seems to have been a bit slow in noticing the bullet hole in front of him.

[quote=“lane119”]4PM: Read in the China Post today, if that rag can be trusted to tell the truth over and above its KMT paymasters, or maybe its CIA paymasters, that Chen and Lu kept waving to crowds in Tainan on Friday D-Day March 19 after the gun(s) was/were fired, that they kept waving and smiling for 15 minutes after the gun was fired. Can this be true or is it disinformation?

1. Critics say the bullet that hit Chen was found in the back side of his jacket later. How can that be?

2. What is all this fuss about that video that shows hand coming up to Chen’s stomach just at the precise moment of bloodshed? A knife? A fake video?

I don’t believe it one bit, but as days go by, the story still seems to have many holes in it. In Alice in WonderlandTaiwan, anything is possible, even faked staged events. On both sides. It’s pure theater in this culture.

But can anyone shoot more holes in the conspiracy theory still flying around? I just want to put all doubt out of my head.[/quote]

1. Many years ago, my sister’s former bf fired a shot with a small caliber gun through his mouth and out the neck. He didn’t feel any pain, and continued talking and joking with his friends on the way to the hospital. :noway:
    Point: Sometimes, the pain indicators of the body get frozen by the shock a bullet causes (or that is what we were told afterwards).

2. I am not a ballistic expert, but if the bullet was a low powered one, I guess that it would lose a lot of speed penetrating layers of clothes and then plow through 11cm of bodyfat :astonished: , not able to keep enough momentum to continue through the layers of clothes on the other side.
    Point: It is almost to incredible to be true, so why would anyone “mastermind” such an incredible story. :raspberry:

3. The hand try to stop the bleeding, what else… :fume:

I got shot in the back of the neck with buckshot one morning. I just thought I’d been slapped by a tree branch and carried on for the rest of the day.
Didn’t hurt till they picked seven pellets out of my neck and shoulder later that evening.

That alleged bloodstain on his jacket never existed – it turned out to be the bright orange seatbelt of the jeep. This was shown in some photos released by the police. You can google for it – or keep looking for “strange but [un]true” things to believe in.

sigh

That alleged bloodstain on his jacket never existed – it turned out to be the bright orange seatbelt of the jeep. This was shown and discussed in photos released by the police. You can google for it – or keep looking for “strange but [un]true” things to believe in.[/quote]

People in our office have been receiving various ridiculous pro-blue e-mail hoaxes since the election. For example . . .

One secretary received an e-mail with 2 photos – one of Chen standing in the jeep after being shot, with his jacket visibly bloody, the other supposedly showing him walking into the hospital afterwards accompanied by a phalanx of police and his jacket had no blood stain. Clear proof that he never was shot at all. :laughing: I’m not sure what the point of that hoaxter was – that the video showing the blood stain was a fake? that he switched jackets? I don’t get that one.

And my boss got a spam e-mail, supposedly from some high-level government official who resigned his job in disgust due to the fake assassination attempt, except that the e-mail was sent anonymously – the supposed high-level official never naming himself – so it’s credibility is slightly suspect, or to rephrase that the letter is obviously BS.

Anyone else receive any e-mail rumors, hoaxes, etc., recently?

The footage of Chen in the jeep and then entering the hospital claims the blood was on the left side of his jacket while he was on the jeep and then absent when he gets to hospital.

I’m shocked this lies are still being peddled, though more shocked by who is peddling them. To believe the assasination was staged is to suspend so much logic that I’m almost afraid for Taiwan that its supposed leaders think it through and expect people to believe it.

Lien is bitterly hanging on to the leadership of the party. Nothing more.

HG

My bf told me about some ballots that were found in some park.
Sorry if this was mentioned on another place, I can’t keep up with all of these threads.
Another rumour is about the length of time it took to count Tainan’s votes, almost as long as Taipei, making the Blues suspicious of that vote count. Hello?
I was told last night that i’m a foreigner and it’s not my business and that he won’t even discuss anything with Taiwanese, so why should he discuss it with me. He’s far more pissed off this time than the last election. Like frothingly pissed off. The damn KMT is doing its best to rile up even the most apathetic souls. :astonished:

What about the bullet hole ? Looks more like an spider to me. So an alien spider landed on Chen windscreen and telepathically sucked blood out of him. But why ? and who put it there ?

There is one photo which does need some explaining. It’s of Chen walking into hospital (the one where his right hand is holding his left wrist).
There’s no sign of blood or a bullet hole on his jacket. He might not be holding his hands to his stomach because it would be painful to touch, but it really doesn’t look like a picture of someone who’s just been shot, even if it was flesh wound.

But, if he was trying to stage it he’d be in full acting mode, staggering, clutching himself.

[quote=“Alien”]My bf told me about some ballots that were found in some park.
Sorry if this was mentioned on another place, I can’t keep up with all of these threads.
Another rumour is about the length of time it took to count Tainan’s votes, almost as long as Taipei, making the Blues suspicious of that vote count. Hello?
I was told last night that I’m a foreigner and it’s not my business and that he won’t even discuss anything with Taiwanese, so why should he discuss it with me. He’s far more pissed off this time than the last election. Like frothingly pissed off. The damn KMT is doing its best to rile up even the most apathetic souls. :astonished:[/quote]

I have seen a couple of instances of election notices being found in the trash, but no such evidence of actual ballots being found anywhere.

[quote=“Spack”]There is one photo which does need some explaining. It’s of Chen walking into hospital (the one where his right hand is holding his left wrist).
There’s no sign of blood or a bullet hole on his jacket.[/quote]

It would probably be more helpful to give the pic, if you could :slight_smile: The thing that always springs to mind with photos is whether they have been reversed - happens often, deliberately and accidentally. Of course, this might be irrelevant to this situation depending on the angle from which the picture was taken.