Panasonic headphones need repairing!

$890 Panasonic headphones, purchased two months ago, on the blink already!

Left 'phone - no audio. WTF. And idiot me threw the receipt (purchased from Carrefour) away a week ago, in the BIG SPRINGCLEAN!

I really doubt Carrefour will send them for repairs without a receipt. Should I contact Panasonic Taiwan directly? Or get 'em looked at at a small repair shop. Do you know of any? Or Panasonic’s contact details? I’m in Taichung.

Cheers!

[quote=“Dirt Merchant”]$890 Panasonic headphones, purchased two months ago, on the blink already!

Left 'phone - no audio. WTF. And idiot me threw the receipt (purchased from Carrefour) away a week ago, in the BIG SPRINGCLEAN!

I really doubt Carrefour will send them for repairs without a receipt. Should I contact Panasonic Taiwan directly? Or get 'em looked at at a small repair shop. Do you know of any? Or Panasonic’s contact details? I’m in Taichung.

Cheers![/quote]

If there’s absolutely no sound, probably just a wire yanked loose. If it was mine, I’d be tempted to take it apart and look for the loose connection, but I’m not sure if you’re comfortable doing that. Plenty of small shops should be willing, just find one who’s honest.

Three words:

Made in China.

201, you be talking the truth. Made for Panasonic by some dodgy factory in Guangdong.

Anyway, I hatched a plan on my way home from work the other day. I went in to Carrefour, bought a new pair (down to $639 now), went straight home and put the busted ones in the box, and returned to the store hours later. Since they were returned within the 7-day purchase period I had the option of getting my cash back. I did.

So, nothing lost, new 'phones gained. Wonder how long these ones will last though… (and no, I don’t feel bad doing what I did. I saw a gap and took it).

201, Taichung could do with some fresh sounds. What style/s do you play? Willing to come up for a set or two?

And if I were willing to invest in a serious set of 'phones, what would you suggest? Sony? My mate got his for $5 000. Steep, IMO…

I got a really nice pair of slightly shop-soiled AKGs for about $9,000. Worth every dollar. Spend the money. You won’t regret it.