Papaya

Just a reminder to take advantage of the lovely fruit here on the Rock. I’ve been feasting on papayas these past few weeks - cheap and absolutely delicious.

For those who are unfamiliar with the fruit, the Chinese for papaya is 木瓜 mùguā and for one of the most delicious Taiwanese drinks, papaya milkshake, the Chinese is 木瓜牛奶 mùguā niúnăi

You can eat the seeds, but, like most people, I remove them. Don’t eat the skin. It’s best eaten chilled.
After taking it out of the sacred cooling room …er… I mean the fridge…, I wash it, cut it up and scrap away the seeds, and then eat it by hand.

Enjoy.

They girls say that its linked to increased breast size. Can you confirm that rumour?

TycOOn wrote: [quote]They girls say that its linked to increased breast size. Can you confirm that rumour?[/quote]

No, my man boobs have not grown since I started feasting on papaya.

I haven’t been able to LOOK at a papaya since the papaya milk/exploding blender incident. The flat stank all summer. It went everywhere. Gross.

Save the seeds.
They’re an excellent natural antacid/stomach settler.
I’m not kidding.

No, my man boobs have not grown since I started feasting on papaya.[/quote]

but strangely both my 00’s have gone up a size to OO!

[quote=“the chief”]Save the seeds.
They’re an excellent natural antacid/stomach settler.
I’m not kidding.[/quote]
And a fantastic tenderizer. Throw a bunch in with your favourite BBQ marinade. Your meat will melt in your mouth.

PaPaYaYa’s are gooooooooooood!

And the seed tips are spot on! (as the Brits are wont to say)

Forget the papayas…I’m waiting for mango season!!!

I know your game almas, it’s all a filthy double entendre, but good luck to you, I’m honestly glad your finally getting some!

HG

HG wrote: [quote]I know your game almas, it’s all a filthy double entendre, but good luck to you, I’m honestly glad your finally getting some! [/quote]
Ha Ha. :notworthy: :laughing: Busted again. It takes a pervert mastermind to unmask one of his own kind. These poor forumosan saps probably think I drink copious quantities of green tea.

Ew, were you talking about FRUIT? I thought… oh never mind…

Ha Ha. :notworthy: :laughing: Busted again. It takes a pervert mastermind to unmask one of his own kind. These poor forumosan saps probably think I drink copious quantities of green tea.[/quote]
Yeah? Well what did you think I meant when I wrote “your meat will melt in her mouth?” Not pork medallions, surely!

I miss my papaya trees. :frowning:

Take the seeds and throw them just about anywhere and within six months you’ll have a tree that give fruit…homegrown green papaya salad…yummmm

I really have to get up to speed with yank slang, cos from what I understood, Elegua just freaked me right out. I’ve met the man though, and I’m sure he didn’t mean half the things he just penned.

HG

I’d say its as good as a confession if ever I saw one :laughing:

:blush:

:blush:

I like to cut the papaya in half and take out the seeds. (I usually dry the seeds
and grind them like peppercorns, or mix them in my barbeque sauce or in a
salad oil.)

Then, I wrap the two halves in plastic wrap and freeze them for about 4-5
hours.

Then, I put them in the fridge for about 2-3 hours (so will soften a bit).

After that, I shred the papaya into bowls and put some lime juice over the
top. Think it is really delicious.

You could keep a papaya frozen in the freezer (maybe in quarters), and just
make this Papaya Snow concoction whenever you want a cool snack.

Enjoy!