Paper products

Does anyone know where I can purchase a large amount of paper products like paper plates, plastic cups with covers, and other take out food containers, besides the common places such as Costco,and RTMart ?

I know where in my neighborhood (Shipai) but may not be practical for you. Let me know if it is. They’re small mom-and-pop type operations, so there are probably similar businesses around most neighborhoods I guess.

What city and what district are you in? Tempo is correct. Suppliers are everywhere. Do you want supplies by the case? By the hundreds of pieces? Or maybe a few dozen?

My advice? Get a local friend, go to a small restaurant near your place that uses some of the stuff that you want. Ask the boss for the phone number of his supplier or suppliers. Give a ring, and then go to the supplier.

Try hitting up “restaurant supplies area” in Taipei across the bridge from Yonghe: goo.gl/maps/Za2v9

There are lots of places there selling used restaurant equipment (and you can see bowls and stuff on the Google Streetview photo), but I’m not 100% sure about paper cutlery…

Does anyone know where I can buy 30 paper bowls (like for ice cream) in the Shipai area?

Can’t you find these at regular supermarkets?

I will check the big Carrefour at Zhishan later today

Check either where they have the kitchen stuff, or where the BBQ supplies are

1 Like

There’s always these, in the absence of which no country wedding can ever be considered legitimate…

1 Like

In kaohsiung there is this place nearby a big night market, and some vendors (and other small restaurants) there use it for supplies.

It has a lot more formats of disposable containers, cutlery, etc., Than Carrefour.

Google calls it a “wholesale grocer”

旺來興食品原料量販店
No. 461號, Mingcheng 3rd Road, Gushan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 804

There’s a shop here

and around the corner here as a backup

1 Like