Part time study oportunities in Taiwan?

Hello,

My Chinese teacher told me that many Taiwanese people complete a masters degree or higher education certificate part time at local universities. He even told me that some people are doing their MBA’s on a Saturday morning.

However I contacted a few universities and they all said “no”.

Was my teacher talking bull? Does anyone know of any part time study opportunities?

Thanks

You need to check with the actual department you want to study at. Many don’t, but some do offer courses like that where you have night classes, instead of during the day, or some other form of “part-time” study.

[quote=“Milkybar_Kid”]Hello,

My Chinese teacher told me that many Taiwanese people complete a masters degree or higher education certificate part time at local universities. He even told me that some people are doing their MBA’s on a Saturday morning.

However I contacted a few universities and they all said “no”.

Was my teacher talking bull? Does anyone know of any part time study opportunities?

Thanks[/quote]

What are you interested in studying?

emba.thu.edu.tw/en/introduction.php

I think you have heard about this kind of program. It’s more flexible with the class schedule, but they require work experience and the tuition is higher.

On the other hand, graduate programs in regular departments will accept foreign students. The course load can be done over time, up to 7 years. You should choose what you want to study and go to a nearby university and ask. It would help to have a bit of a foundation in spoken Chinese, but they don’t usually require tests.