Parthenium hysterophorus 銀膠菊?

Hi

A (deleted) man came up to work last week … scared like hell shouting high and loud that Parthenium hysterophorus 銀膠菊 had arrived to Taiwan and we might all die quickly because of that weed.

The area is Taichung Harbor area, Shalu, ChinShuei, Wuqi, Dadu… as far as I know.

OK, let me share what I found, before you develop a more reasonable judgement…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenium_hysterophorus

from Wikipedia: Parthenium hysterophorus is a species of flowering plant in the aster family, Asteraceae, that is native to the American tropics.[1] Common names include Santa Maria Feverfew and Whitetop Weed.[2] It is a common invasive species[3] in India,[4] Australia, and parts of Africa. P. hysterophorus invades all disturbed land, including farms [5][6][7][8][9] pastures, and roadsides. In some areas, outbreaks have been of almost epidemic proportions, affecting crop production, livestock and human health.[10][11] In India, it is locally known as “carrot grass” Congress Grass or Gajar Ghans.[12] It was first present as a contaminant in imported wheat.[13] It can trigger allergies and is a common cause of pollen allergy.[14]

and so on… please read if you are interested, such as this quite scary article: newvision.co.ug/D/8/12/674570

Now, here is the question…
What do you know about it? What is it? What’s next?
There is a lot these P plants near my house… should I move and survive? stay and die soon?

stay and die soon, only viable option

grow a pair.