Partying gone wrong (passing out on someone else's property)

Hi all,

couple of weeks ago i had to drank a bit too much, and taxi took me to the wrong address, and crap, I passed out at its balcony, police woke me up took photo of my ARC and sent me home, did I commit a crime, or a legal offenece ??

Thanks alot really anxious!!

1 Like

I would think if they didn’t write you a ticket or take you to jail, you are fine. Taiwan’s police are generally pretty nice and it doesn’t sound like you caused any real trouble for anyone.

5 Likes

What floor was the balcony?
Was it in the same building, same street, same district, same city?
Do you know if people currently reside there?

Yeah, I’ve noticed the police here are quite kind to drunks. I’ve seen a few instances on the MRT where they’re generally just helped on their way. It makes a refreshing change from (say) the UK, where the police don’t seem able to handle drunks and often escalate a confrontation.

OP: the photo of your ARC was most likely in case anyone makes a complaint, or if it turned out you’d been involved in some sort of drunken fracas. Don’t worry about it.

To be fair, the drunks in Taiwan don’t usually get aggressive. Just past out and confused. There are exceptions and that when the police act. Otherwise, I think everyone has been there at least once so it’s best to send them home safely and call it a night.

How did you get on the balcony?

10 Likes

good friend of mine went to a bar and got drunk and pissed off some good ol boys and they roughed him up a bit, but then felt bad for him (as he could speak a few words of mandarin) so they attempted to take him home , but in his drunk state he couldnt remember how to get home or his address. They ended up taking him around the island as they were on an around the island collection drive (they were gangsters doing their gangster things) . So he ended up spending a week with a couple of thugs and having a hell of a time and it costs him nothing.

talked about it for years.

5 Likes

All I do when I get drunk is go home. Idk how, but I always end up home.

3 Likes

he doesnt know

How do you know that?

Anyway, it’s relevant to how the cops might treat this, but I see the same thing has been asked above.

i don’t, just judging from what he wrote.

Jackie Charlton. Day after winning the World Cup. Woke up on the couch of some couple in the west end. No idea how he got there didn’t know them from Adam and Eve. Cup of tea and on his way. Legend.

3 Likes

Peter O’Toole popped out for a drink in Paris and came out of a blackout two weeks later in Sardinia.

Him and Peter Finch were refused service in Dublin once so they bought the bar.

1 Like

Lilith leaves out a box with your poop on the doorstep.

I can believe that, but don’t expect a secret tribunal to buy it, if you ever find yourself facing one. :male_detective:

I think he means deck/veranda

maybe he passed out again and lost his ability to answer queries of people trying to assist him

4 Likes

Maybe they passed out and woke up here

Hi guys sorry for the delay, i was out taking care of some work,

i really don remember how i got there, i wish i stayed home that day…

2 Likes

Where was the balcony, first floor or upstairs? Was it easily accessible from the street?