Passwords

Do you have a problem remembering your passwords or pins?

• Yes
  • No, I use the same one for all of them.
  • No, I write them down.
  • No, I’ve got a good memory.

0 voters

Many people have at least two email accounts, a g-mail, a photo bucket (etc.) account, a few bank accounts,not to mention all those website accounts. How do you remember all your passwords/pins?

Call it a curse, but I remember everything, sooner or later.

In fact,

[quote]I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost
Cause it doesn’t remind me of anything
With a graveyard tan carrying a cross
I like studying faces in a parking lot
I like driving backwards in the fog

[Chorus]
The things that I’ve loved the things that I’ve lost
The things I’ve held sacred that I’ve dropped
I won’t lie no more you can bet
I don’t want to learn what I’ll need to forget

I like gypsy moths and radio talk
I like gospel music and canned applause
I like colorful clothing in the sun
I ilke hammering nails and speaking in tongues
Cause it doesn’t remind me of anything[/quote]

Passwords are not a problem. It all relates to somtthing one has read, seen or met.

Then, again ask me about trig, or even long division. Those passwords given me one end of trouble.

I have about 3-4 different passwords I use, if I can’t remember I just try them all. :laughing:

I used to have three passwords: one for low security accounts (e.g. forums), one for mid-security (e.g. email), and one for high-security (e.g. bank account). I used the same userID for all. Things were simple back then.

But now many of these institutions keep changing their rules for both passwords and userIDs. E.g. You must have at least X characters, at most Y characters, it must contain at least one numeral, it must contain at least one non-alphanumeric, etc. Plus, some accounts shut you out if you get two or three wrong guesses in a row. For userids, some want your entire email address, some want your userid from your email, some want your online username, some want your social security number, etc. etc. There was no longer a way to remember the correct passwords.

So I use Password Safe to record all my usernames and passwords. All I need to do is input one password into it and it lists out all my userID and password info.