Pat on the Back Thread: Your best moments

I lack the time to keep up with all the brilliant banter on this forum and am not as quick-witted as some of our sages, but here’s one I was happy with (although several people completely misread it and felt it was just a vote for big tits).

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Do you ever get sicked and tired of all these flat-chested, skinny little girls shuffling along in their tight little skirts and high-heels, clutching their little fendi bags in one hand and their cell phones in the other? Do you get tired of the mindless repetition of 5,000 years of superstition passed down by mothers, sisters and aunts? Of unquestioning reliance on poorly-educated doctors and professionals – following their advice regardless of how foolish it is and not stopping to ask why, because they’re professionals? Of the absence of athleticism, except for some boys playing basketball and others walking around the track clapping their hands. Of your brain shriveling up from disuse in this land devoid of intellectual curiousity, reading and discussion? Do you ever wonder what the hell you’re doing here?

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a strong, big-breasted woman, who can really climb mountains, not just ascending a stone staircase on the side of a hill, carrying her own backpack, sleeping in a tent despite the fact that her hair will get messed up and there are bugs and snakes out there; who can mountain bike through hot sun and mud, getting dirty and sweaty, laughing at the end of the ride; who knows real Mexican food from this local pablum and can down a few beers without turning red and passing out; who reads more than just business magazines and likes to discuss philosophy and world events; who will frolic naked in the wilderness, smoke dope in a hot tub, then make you f*ck her over and over; who will get up the next morning and suggest you go out for eggs benedict and mimosas, before doing it all again?

Do you ever feel that way or is it just me?[/quote]
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … n&&start=0

I think my best post came in the “Dumbest Idea You’ve Ever Had” thread.

It went something like this.

[quote=“Jaboney”]I think my best post came in the “Dumbest Idea You’ve Ever Had” thread.

It went something like [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/pat-on-the-back-thread-your-best-moments/24371/22

No way! Your best post was a lenghty one regarding the qualities of good and constructive form when debating with others. I searched for it a while back to post it in the classic posts thread but to no avail. You had just started posting back then. Do you remember?

You’re too humble.

bobepine

LOL.
Thank you bobepine.

Ok, the above mentioned post is maybe my cleverest. I laughed ‘til it hurt when the malicious lil’ daemon perched on my shoulder slapped me with that one.

I’m not sure, but the post you’re referring to might have swum off with the flounder. That is, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, in which I gave it to someone with both barrels. (As a mod, I would have flamed or heavily edited that one: it had a really decent argument (if I do say so myself), but I was complete ass at the same time. :blush: Sorry, Fortigurn. My bad.)

And thank you for this:

No offense, Jaboney, but I don’t see what’s so clever about it. I’ve been clicking on the link for the past hour and a half and I still can’t find the post you referred to. :eh:

Are y’all getting dislocated shoulders from reaching around to pat yourselves on the back? Don’t you think this thread should be for nominated posts rather than the “look at me” variety? :loco:

Wouldn’t those be more appropriate somewhere else, such as here:
[2005 Forumosa Posting Awards

or here:
forumosa.org/classic-posts/

:saywhat:

Did you read the title of the thread?

But THAT’s the joke! It was a “your dumbest ideas” thread. Instead of taking you to see some weird ass thing, it just goes around, and around, and…well, how dumb is that? Ah, forget it. It’s an Andy Kaufman rip-off anyways. :frowning: