PayPal no longer allows NTD wire transfers

Opened an account at E-SUN today, Fairly painless and simple. You do need to register for net banking though, and there’s no English interface at all. When the Paypal changes go through, that’s where the two will be linked however as of now, it’s not possible to link them, that’ll only be possible next month.

So does it applies to ALL of the current withdraw options? I mainly withdraw to my post office accounts and I would really hate not being able to do that anymore. It’s so convenient too since p.o are literally walking distance everywhere.

Yes, all options apparently. Post office, banks, whatever.

Uh? I have an account at E.Sun bank and my e-banking interface is all in English (and it’s also linked to my PayPal account).

Really? I don’t get an option for English anywhere.

I login here:

https://esb.esunbank.com.tw/index.jsp

You have a drop-down menu with simplified and traditional Chinese, and English.

I’m not sure, but I think there is a difference if you have a business account with E. Sun or a regular account.

Maybe, I have a business account indeed.

I’ll give that a try and see if I can log in, although I just have a regular account. Thanks.

Seems it’s only for business accounts. Hope PayPal doesn’t do something dumb like only making it available to people with business accounts. Did you link yours after they announced their policy changes or have you been linked awhile?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My account has been linked for about half a year.

Ah. According to the PayPal agent there’ll be a new way to do the linking, and the old way will no longer work.

My accounts are still linked today as far as I can tell.

Yeah, they said April 9th is the changeover date. Although as you’re already with the partner bank you may not need to change anything.

dp

Ah ok, I’ll double check it after April 9th then. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

No ARC with less than a year to run, no Paypal either.[/quote]

well on the bright side i can keep using my western paypal and i don’t need to mess around with changing my account to the taiwanese one. i won’t be jumping through these hoops, at this rate its likely to change every couple of months.

I’ve been writing to Paypal about this. When I finally got them to understand the problem, they said this:

[i]Upon reviewing your email, i understand your concern on withdrawal.

First of all, i would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this issue.

Allow me to explain that, Foreigners with less than 1 year resident permit are only able to access the online banking service for account overview. If you would like to withdraw funds from your PayPal account, you will need to visit the E.SUN bank branches to fill the FX claim for each withdrawal.[/i]

Which may mean that foreign nationals with ARCs with less than a year to run can still open accounts, contrary to what E-Sun says on its website.

A friend of mine has a work connection with E-Sun and we’re going there tomorrow to see if they will let me open an account.

I opened an E-Sun account with no problems. They looked at the total time my ARC ran for, which is over a year, and said that if it was under a year I would still be able to open an account but would be charged a higher tax rate.

I still have no idea what this means: If you would like to withdraw funds from your PayPal account, you will need to visit the E.SUN bank branches to fill the FX claim for each withdrawal. But maybe all will become clear when Paypal changes to their new method on April 9th.

Thought I would post into this thread rather than create a new one.

Sorry if I missed it written here somewhere, but has anyone gotten a straight answer on what these new regulatory changes are? The ones cited in every email I get from paypal which are prompting the bank change.

“Due to regulatory changes in Taiwan, we will be changing the way you can withdraw funds from you PayPal account.”

My wife talked in circles for 15 minutes to their call center and in the end the lady said that she can’t tell us. (as in, doesn’t know and won’t try to find out) Multiple emails have yielded:

Me: Can you let me know what the regulatory changes are?

Them: Due to regulatory changes in Taiwan…

Me: :astonished:

It’s a take it or leave it situation; so on one hand it doesn’t matter. But on the other hand, I would like to know and find it strange that they cite this for the reason but can’t let me know what these regulatory changes are.