PayPal no longer allows NTD wire transfers

Hi there,

No problem using IE11 even 64bits, just make sure you allow any popup from Paypal & E.SUN or you won’t get the last part when linking accounts. Seems the same with the last Chrome (or similar, just make sure to allow these specific 2 websites to popup).

My issue was only to match my Paypal registered name with E.SUn account name, Paypal fixed it for me wihin less than 24h.

As for the exchange rate, I noticed that it was lower than Paypal before the last step, but on the last step it was almost the same than Paypal. (1€ = 40.84 NT$ for Paypal and 1€ = 40.76NT$ on E.SUN).
Far from real exchange rate, but Paypal Taiwan used me to this (2.5% fee added to exchange rate).

One other point, if you are a merchant like me, expect that Paypal will not refund the whole fee anymore when refunding a customer.
They now keep the fixed fee of 0.30USD or 0.35EUR.

Wishing that a better competitor will show up someday.

Hope my advices will help, good luck guys.

Allowing pop-ups just opens the authorize page pop-up, I think you still have to use IE (or Chrome? I haven’t tried it) to get the linkage because I allowed pop-ups in Firefox but it still didn’t work. For those who can’t get it to work on your own computer maybe you should just try a different computer like from family, friends or work? I think it’s only important to use the right browser/version to get the first linkage, after that the linkage is permanent and it doesn’t matter what you use. Even though I had problems doing the linkage with Firefox, I withdrew money using Firefox without a problem.

Even though the exchange rate is very similar, in my opinion it’s still appalling because Paypal already gives you a very low exchange rate but now it’s even lower. With all the changes made in the last 6 or so months like raising the fee % from 3.9 to 4.4, keeping the fixed fee $0.30 during refund, forcing you to use a specific bank to withdraw and the slightly lower exchange rate… it makes my blood boil. I wonder what other negative changes they will hit us with in the near future :eh:

[quote=“hambo”]I was so confused at first too, but I finally figured it out! You have to withdraw from E.Sun rather than Paypal :noway:

Use Internet Explorer to log into the E.Sun online system, click 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 and link/authorize your Paypal account. The type of browser seems to be important because I used Firefox at first and after I clicked “authorize and close” E.Sun Bank was added as a “pre-approved payment plan” on Paypal but nothing appeared on the E.Sun side, however when I used Internet Explorer my Paypal account name appeared on the 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 page. To withdraw money just click 玉山全球通 PayPal 提領 then next to your Paypal account name there will be 3 orange buttons, click the left one and fill in the withdrawal information.[/quote]

Nothing appears on the E.Sun site for me after adding a pre-approved payment plan. I get asked to add it again and again. I’ve used three different browsers now. This is completely ridiculous.

[quote=“jsssx”]

My issue was only to match my Paypal registered name with E.SUn account name, Paypal fixed it for me wihin less than 24h.

.[/quote]

Hi. I seem to have the same problem but it seems really troublesome to change Paypal name (they ask for your ID, driving license etc.). Did you have to provide such stuff for them or was there a quicker way when you didn’t have to give away your personal data?
Also, was your name completely different or was there some sort of problem with characters coding (which seems to be the problem in my case).

I’d really appreciate any help! :slight_smile:

[quote=“anyanka”][quote=“jsssx”]

.[/quote]

Hi. I seem to have the same problem but it seems really troublesome to change Paypal name (they ask for your ID, driving license etc.). Did you have to provide such stuff for them or was there a quicker way when you didn’t have to give away your personal data?
Also, was your name completely different or was there some sort of problem with characters coding (which seems to be the problem in my case).

I’d really appreciate any help! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Hello,

In my case, my two middle names were missing, but as E.SUN used them to open my account I needed to add them on Paypal.

It took me a mail on which I joined a quick photo of my passport and ARC, then Paypal called me the next day and all was OK.
Their direct mail address is apac-bizsupport@paypal.com Phone +65-65104683

Not sure if they helped me fast because I have a business account, hope they will act fast for everyone.

In your case, it is just about characters, so it won’t be the big issue based on my experience.

Has anyone successfully received their withdrawal yet? I withdrew on March 31st, it’s now April 7th and it still hasn’t processed… even with the long weekend it’s past 5 business days now… so much for the faster “receive funds within 3-5 business days” promise :ponder:

[quote=“spaint”]

Nothing appears on the E.Sun site for me after adding a pre-approved payment plan. I get asked to add it again and again. I’ve used three different browsers now. This is completely ridiculous.[/quote]

I’m having the same problem…seems like I am stuck in a loop.

I have successfully linked to PayPal (at least, that is what my PayPal profile and confirmation email tell me), yet, every time I click on the esun PayPal link, I get the user agreement and that leads to the popup, which then asks me to link my account again.

[quote=“John”][quote=“spaint”]

Nothing appears on the E.Sun site for me after adding a pre-approved payment plan. I get asked to add it again and again. I’ve used three different browsers now. This is completely ridiculous.[/quote]

I’m having the same problem…seems like I am stuck in a loop.

I have successfully linked to PayPal (at least, that is what my PayPal profile and confirmation email tell me), yet, every time I click on the esun PayPal link, I get the user agreement and that leads to the popup, which then asks me to link my account again.[/quote]

Yes, this is exactly what I’m seeing too. I made the link (after enabling all popups in Chrome). But any attempt to actually withdraw funds just sends me into this loop.

Has anyone actually gotten their money with this new crap system? The old system worked fine - now Paypal sucks more than ever.

Probem solved, just got phone support from PayPal.

It is essential that you use IE10, This means I had to downgrade my IE11 to IE10 ( stackoverflow.com/questions/2004 … xplorer-10 ).

Note that when you use IE11 it APPEARS that you have linked to PayPal (confirmation email, and esun account in PayPal profile), but this is incorrect. The link is not successful.

SO after going through the user agreement on Esun and linking to Papal, you should get a popup page (in Chinese) with a green tick. This means the link is successful.

After that you can withdraw.

Their website is not accessible at the time of this post… I wish that linking a paypal account on such a bank will not result on providing an easy way to hackers, because recommending the use of IE8 is a pure joke/shame.
Why not suggesting IE6 and WIn98?

My withdrawals took 5 business days and the second one made on 4th April arrived yesterday, which means 3 business days.

On this side, it is OK for me.

Guys, if you still have trouble linking your account, make sure to use Internet Explorer (I used IE11), also make sure to allow all from these websites (E.sun and Paypal), including popup and redirection.

If your bank registration name mismatch paypal name, you will then get a message written in red or if it is ok, a confirmation (green tick)

Once all is OK, you can connect and withdraw with any browsers, I am using Chrome 32.

An other issue met with ESUN, be aware about it.

Any time I withdraw from foreign currency to NT$, I noticed that they rounded the real value lower than 1NT$ to 2NT$, please check the attached file and calculate.

I transferred : 933.82€ at the rate of 40.42nt$
933.82€ x 40.42 = 37745.00NT$

But, ESUN gave me 37743

This happened with every withdrawal I did. Really they suck :bluemad:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/guwoefw1bz8f6dp/pp.jpg

[quote=“jsssx”]An other issue met with ESUN, be aware about it.

Any time I withdraw from foreign currency to NT$, I noticed that they rounded the real value lower than 1NT$ to 2NT$, please check the attached file and calculate.

I transferred : 933.82€ at the rate of 40.42nt$
933.82€ x 40.42 = 37745.00NT$

But, ESUN gave me 37743

This happened with every withdrawal I did. Really they suck :bluemad:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/guwoefw1bz8f6dp/pp.jpg[/quote]
Its called stealing.

What is that popup thing when you withdraw which looks like you are supposed to say where the money comes from and then you get some type of tax code? Is that just for the bank or for your year end taxes? I don’t understand all the options on that long pop up list. Can anybody shed some light on that? Thanks.

you mean the numbers? 700, 701? I don’t understand either, but PayPal support said.I should choose 701. I wonder if esun will ever give us an English page for PayPal.

Both 700-701 are about export sales.

If you sell online, then use 701 (means get paid then export).
Whatever you use, they may just don’t care.

I also wish to get an English page, first time I used a bank without an English option, a bit odd for a pretended international bank.

I haven’t done it yet, but is there a specific category for royalty payments, or failing that, regular income or salary?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

[quote=“cfimages”]I haven’t done it yet, but is there a specific category for royalty payments, or failing that, regular income or salary?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk[/quote]

19E sounds like audio visual royalties, but somebody with better Chinese than mine should double check that.

19E 視聽收入 電影、錄影帶、廣播、電視與音樂等的演員、製作人(公司)自國外收取的報酬、租金或發行的權利金等。

Withdrew again and it worked this time around yay! Not sure what happened the first time… I guess since I tried it on 31st March which was the first day so maybe it wasn’t working properly yet… I can’t believe I was stupid enough to wait 9 days before trying again :loco: I’m kicking myself because back then the exchange rate was 29.66 and now it’s 29.29 sigh.

jsssx I also noticed how they take 1-2nt more than they are suppose to… on top of the already lower than Paypal exchange rate :fume:

I still haven’t bothered trying to withdraw my money from Paypal. I guess I’ll just use it for buying stuff online - especially as I’m fairly convinced that a big part of this union between Paypal and E.Sun involves my withdrawal information being given to the government as a form of income. Since most of my Paypal money is earned from selling stuff I bought in Taiwan, if reporting to even be remotely fair I’d need to register myself as a business entity of some sort, then I could at least claim back the taxes on my costs. Needless to say, the quantities I’m dealing with coupled with my own apathy mean I’m not going to bother.

I hope that this entire fiasco backfires in Paypal’s face and their profits take a well-deserved hit.

This is my experience so far, after 5 trips to E-Sun and two calls to Paypal.

I opened an account with E-Sun (both a NTD and USD account) and set up online banking.

The online banking is all in Chinese, once you are in you’ll see a link to the Paypal section on the left side menu. The first time I clicked that I got an error message saying I need an ARC valid for at least a year. I explained to the bank staff that nearly all foreigners get issued an ARC for 1 year and that they couldn’t be expected to sign up to use Paypal only on the very first day that their ARC is issued. Just like getting a driving license in Taiwan, you are required to have an ARC valid for at least 1 year (as some foreigners have 6 months ARCs) but that doesn’t mean it has to have a years validity from the day you are applying, rather that when it was issued it was for at least one year. My ARC is actually for 16 months but I only have a few months left on it. The bank staff then went away, did something on their computer and then I was able to progress past the error message stage of the E-Sun online banking.

So now when I click the Paypal button on E-Sun online banking it opens a Terms & Conditions message, tick the ‘accept’ tick box and then ‘submit’. A new window will open asking you to input your Paypal username and password to link the account. Make sure you don’t have popups blocked or you wont see it.

Once this is done you will get a confirmation email.

You can then log into Paypal > Profile > My Money > My Preapproved Payments (click update) > Preapproved Payments Plan - and you will see your E-Sun account linked.

You should then be able to return to the E-Sun online banking page, click the Paypal button in the left side menu again and then be given the option to withdraw money from your Paypal account to your E-Sun account. My Taiwanese friend was able to do just that with no problems.

However, when I try I get the Terms & Conditions message again. No matter how many times I complete that step the Terms & Conditions message keeps showing up.

I had to change my registered name on Paypal to make sure it matches the E-Sun account name - “Surname FirstName MiddleName” (space between each). I have tried using Internet Explorer and Chrome.

If I try to withdraw money on the Paypal site by clicking “Withdraw” and then “Withdraw funds to your E.SUN USD or TWD bank account through E.SUN Global Pass” (which is what I used to do without any problems with my FuBon account) then I’m just taken to the E-Sun online banking page.

Has anyone been able to get past this stage? Any suggestions?

(Just read that I should be using IE10, which could b the issue. Will try that tonight on my old laptop at home.)