Paypal Taiwan & E-Sun Bank

I’m a foreigner in Taiwan. I can not open an E-Sun Bank Account. They won’t allow me. I have a visa debit card, but it is from Post Office Bank. Can I use it for business transaction on Paypal? And how can I withdraw the money? Because Paypal said I can only withdraw via E-Sun Bank. If I can not withdraw it, can I just send it to other Paypal account even my card is not validated? Let’s say, to my relative’s bank account?

If you have an ARC, there’s no reason for E.Sun not to open an account for you.

The bigger problem is the poor conversion rate Paypal and E.Sun have conspired to give Taiwanese users. The amount of money they charged made me decide to stop withdrawing money from Paypal and only use it for buying stuff from overseas.

No, they to it even with Taiwanese ppl. My wife tried to open one but got rejected.
The think is, in order to open an E-Sun/ PayPal account, you should first have some money in your PayPal account, then you can open and transfer money to the E-Sun one.
Don’t ask me why… :wall:

first - you need to have a PP account.

You must live in taiwan and hold an ARC.
open an account with E SUN, deposit some money inside.

Apply THE Link with e sun / Pal pal.
you will be given procedure and password to transfer your PP money into E Sun.

You will then be able to withdraw them in NTD .

How the hell do I actually withdraw the funds from PayPal? It keeps telling me to go to the online banking for E Sun, but when I go their site I can’t find a damn thing regarding transferring money aside from a blurb about it never being easier.

I was in my local bank and they showed me how to download their APP.
Then I had the lady at the counter walk me through various steps I wanted to do right in front of me with my smartphone.

If you are indeed a customer of E. Sun Bank, then go into a branch and start asking how to use the bank’s APP or website while you are actually logged onto it in front of them. They should be able to show you the steps even if you have to speak slow English to explain the situation.

Doing something like this at your own home can be frustrating.
Just make the trip to a branch.

It’s taken me 2 months so far and I still can’t link my PP with my sun bank account. I’ve been into the bank on multiple occasions. I’ve even rung Paypal. Ringing paypal is probably the best thing I’ve done so far. They at least got some things working. Makes no difference if I can’t link my foreign currency account to my paypal though.