PC games - English

I had a store in Kaohsiung that was willing to order English versions of PC games. For some reason, they can no longer, or are un-willing to do this. I’m desperately looking for Command and Conquer Generals : Zero Hour, the expansion to the original, or for that matter the entire deluxe pack as long as it’s in English.

Any ideas?

[quote=“Plastic Rat”]I had a store in Kaohsiung that was willing to order English versions of PC games. For some reason, they can no longer, or are un-willing to do this. I’m desperately looking for Command and Conquer Generals : Zero Hour, the expansion to the original, or for that matter the entire deluxe pack as long as it’s in English.

Any ideas?[/quote]

I dont know, maybe its the whole copyright issue so they wont import games… could try ordering it online from the US but thats going to cost some money, or somehow download it…

Most PC games these days available for sale in Taiwan are only available in Chinese. It’s damn frustrating if you ask me, as this was not the case three or four years ago.

I have contacted several Taiwanese distributors for companies like Activision and EA Games. They both told me that it wasn’t worth it for them to pay for the rights to distribute the English version of big name games . They couldn’t offer me any kind of special offer order either.

Basically they said that if you want an English version of a PC game you are on your own. Ordering from the US means you have to pay twice the games’ worth.

I found this useful site, based in Hong Kong
http://global.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx

They have a limited selection of English PC games, but they do ship for Free to Taiwan. They are also very fast in delivery.

I’m wondering does anyone have any more Asia-Pacific sites that ship out English PC games, for less than it would cost to do so from the US?

The site I posted above does not have some titles I am looking for.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas on this issue.

I can not find them anymore in my Fav’s but there are some online stores in Australia which ship cheaper than the US prices… Same for DVD’s …

there is a small selection in one of the stores at the Guanghua Computer market in Taipei.
as you go in from Bade Road, it is on the first floor, (don’t go down the stairs), go to the left, and walk alomost to the very back corner. It is store number 21.

I usually ask my classmates or friends to buy for me during their trip. Also, you may ask who recently wants to go back to U.S. to carry for you. I definitely won’t spend twice money for the same games. Good Luck to every gamer!

Can’t you just download pretty much any game and pay the download price for it?

For sure the best option for us here in Taiwan.

I had to pay 54 Euros for BF 2 in Europe.
Ordered in HKG the same game for 44,95 US… Big DEAL.

I can advice this site. Free shipping indeed and very user-friendly environment. Used it to order PSP games already…

I was talking about actually downloading the game though. You don’t need a box to have the game.

EA and other big firms does not offer downloads of games for what I know.
Guess this has a reason due to encrypted security (id numbers on disc)
Would be rather easy to download but we are not so far yet I guess

check out this website. It is fully legit.

http://www.direct2drive.com/

[quote=“jason242”]check out this website. It is fully legit.

http://www.direct2drive.com/[/quote]

Man, I was so pumped about this, but I ran into a major problem. Civ4 will only work if you download from the US, Canada or Mexico, or at least that is what the notes imply. Not sure if they check the destination IP and screw ya somehow, but it doesn’t look like this is for us. If someone tries and gets a restricted game running, let me know, because this is close to Nirvana. Not sure if all the games are this way, but a couple I checked were all restricted.

How retarded is that btw. When will the digital age actually begin?

just tried to order a game from Amazon… DIDN’T WORK.

Said something to the likes of “we are unable to ship to your area”

BUT

I order books from Amazon all the time… a bit strange isn’t it?

Also tried Yesasia, global.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx
BUT the game I wanted was 20$ US higher! Nein, danke!

anyone know anyother sites or places in Taiwan?

Had the same with ordering BF2 from YESASIA.
First a reply they were out of stock for 10 days.
Than reply the producer is out of stock
Than they deleted the order.

Seems it has something to see with distribution rights of certain companies what I was told…
Yeah, other suggestions?

Taiwan generally has a piss poor games selection, mostly brainless clickfest MMORGs. My tip - get adsl, get a bittorrent client and go to a bittorrent search engine like www.torrentz.com. Voila you should be able to download what you want. Of course you must remember to purchase a licence first :wink:

[quote=“ceevee369”]Had the same with ordering BF2 from YESASIA.
First a reply they were out of stock for 10 days.
Than reply the producer is out of stock
Than they deleted the order.

Seems it has something to see with distribution rights of certain companies what I was told…
Yeah, other suggestions?[/quote]http://www.shinyimports.com (I, er I mean, they, import round shiny things like English games and dvds) should be up and running by the end of Chinese New Year, and should at least have a proper site up over the weekend with prices on. I would trust myself, er… them, it was set up because I’m finding it harder and harder to find English games, so they understand. And you won’t even need a credit card. If there’s anything in particular you’re after, give me or them a pm.

If you look hard enough in Guang Hua, you can usually find English versions of the popular games. Most of the stores might not have them, but there are certain ones that do. Some of the owners also have ways of ordering them, or they have ppl bring it over from the U.S.

Some of the games available here come in multiple language installations (chinese/english for example) which should give you the option to select the language interface during installation. Check for language support on the package. I know Battlefield II comes in a Chinese/English pack. Like others have said, you could also purcase and D/L games from sites such as steampowered.com/.

If worse comes to worse and you cant find your game… you can go the bittorrent route: try doing a torrent search for “Command and Conquer Generals : Zero Hour” at www.utorrent.com). Good luck and GGZ.

Hello,

I have ordered several pc games from www6.cd-wow.com/ which delivers for free. Their main business is CDs but they sell recently released PC games there too (eg Civilisation IV). They delivered within 8 days and each game came in its own package so it can fit into your mailbox. For the games I have ordered, it actually worked out cheaper than buying them at Guang Hua and much less ma fan! :laughing:

http://www.shinyimports.com delievers for free too, and they’re based in Taiwan so it takes a lot less time. Should hopefully have some stock in the next few days (including AoEIII, WoW, and CIV4) if their supplier ships today, but then again they said it would be yesterday. :s

Am I spamming ?