PC GAMES in English

The purpose of this thread is when someone finds a good PC game that is in English at the computer shop they can list it here. Some games are very obvious about what language they are in…some are not.

Most recently I bought Neverwinter Nights Diamond pack.
Game: English Books: Chinese Link: nwn.bioware.com/

Also Sims 2 can be installed in English, even though no where on the box does it say that the game has an English install option. It’s there, trust me.

I asked about Age of Empires III and the clerk said it would have an English install option just like Sims 2…he lied. It doesn’t…and he wouldn’t give me cash back only allow me to exchange it for another game. I think he did that on purpose.

Once someone assured me a game could be installed in English and after I got home and saw it couldn’t I tried to return the game and they told me of their “No Return Policy” which is the norm for games…but come on! I only bought it because they assured me it could be installed in English. In the end I got my money back.

I hope this thread can stay active in the future and save some people some hassels.

Also this is a good trust worthy site that I have used: prod.gamerloot.net/catalog/
They upload the game to your computer. They need to verify by phone…which can take awhile due to time differences…but other than that they offer a good service.

Try to find any Mac games in Taiwan…go on, I dare you.

Mac Games. Never heard of them. Can you play games on an Apple??

All the DSII and WOW cd’s here are in Chineese only.

I will be looking for Civ IV in English and will post when found.

[quote=“Chicken”]Mac Games. Never heard of them. Can you play games on an Apple??

All the DSII and WOW cd’s here are in Chineese only.

I will be looking for Civ IV in English and will post when found.[/quote]

WOW you can get from that Gamer’s Loot link I posted above…they will even activate your account for you so you can play on American servers. If you were to buy the English WOW (World of Warcraft) through the mail you wouldn’t be allowed to join the American servers due to your location.

I would definately buy Civ IV.

I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 and it’s all in English. I bought it at 3 Well Computer Chain store in Chungli. Where do you get all your games at in Taiwan Mordeth?

Either from NOVA or the 3C store down the street from it. Both are on MIN-TZU road. Star Wars Battlefront is an online shooter? Like battlefield?

It shouldn’t be too hard to find, it is being officially released in Taiwan in English, which is a rarity these days: ea.com.tw/Products/Products_Info.aspx?ID=486

Oh, I’ve seen it around…just asking what Star Wars Battlefront is like. I’m guessing it’s like Battlefield 2 (A great game go pick it up)…which is another game that is in English…even though that web link lists it as Chinese only. That link does list Sims 2 as English even though the box doesn’t clarify that.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a first-person shooter. It is a great game for Star Wars fans who want to fight in the battles you see in the movies. I just bought Quake 4 and it’s in English. Also, how is Neverwinter?

How much can I expect to pay for Star Wars Battlefront 2 in Taipei?

Starwars Battlefront would be ab out 1200nt, irishstu.

Neverwinter Nights Diamond pack is great. I didn’t shower for two days and yesterday I forgot to eat breakfast or lunch due to playing it. It’s kinda like diablo in game play…but if you look past the easy playing there are many many layers to the game. Also when you finish the game you can download new 10 hour missions from their website for only 5-10 bucks a pop. Or you can download free ones that other players have made.

Also there are 24/7 servers that have constant worlds running that you can create a character in. So after you finish the game you can play on little MMORPG servers.

Cheers.

Bittorrent :smiling_imp:

YingFan

Starwars Battlefront can be found at less than 900nt at the Guanghua market now.

[quote=“Sideway”][quote=“Mordeth”]

[/quote]

Starwars Battlefront can be found at less than 900nt at the Guanghua market now.[/quote]

Oh yeah? In English? And legitimate?

What sort of specs am I gonna need to run games like that these days?

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Sideway”][quote=“Mordeth”]

[/quote]

Starwars Battlefront can be found at less than 900nt at the Guanghua market now.[/quote]

What sort of specs am I gonna need to run games like that these days?[/quote]

You’ll need a graphics card. You can get a decent enough one for only 2-3 thousand. I’d recomend getting a Radeon card. They’re the smaller name brand…so it’s cheaper…and you get more bang for your buck. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro. But I’m considering upgrading…soon…even though I paid 7,000 for it a few months ago.

I still have my old Radeon 8500 lying around…you could have that for free if you wanna come get it. It’s considered the “minimum” you need for most games nowadays, but when I bought it 3 years ago I paid around 9,000. It’s probably worth about 1,000 now.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“irishstu”]

You’ll need a graphics card. You can get a decent enough one for only 2-3 thousand. I’d recomend getting a Radeon card. They’re the smaller name brand…so it’s cheaper…and you get more bang for your buck. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro. But I’m considering upgrading…soon…even though I paid 7,000 for it a few months ago.

I still have my old Radeon 8500 lying around…you could have that for free if you wanna come get it. It’s considered the “minimum” you need for most games nowadays, but when I bought it 3 years ago I paid around 9,000. It’s probably worth about 1,000 now.[/quote]

Hey Mordeth.
Very kind of you. My computer’s very decent though, just that my brother in-law needed a REALLY high spec to play one of the games he got (Lineage II). His just couldn’t cut it, so I ended up building him one with a 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM and a 128MB NVidia-based card.

Mine’s a 2.8GHz with 1GB RAM and built-in Radeon card (up to 128MB).
I’m not going to have any probs with that, am I?

Thanks again for the offer though.

[quote=“irishstu”]

It’s legitimate, but I’m not sure if it’s in English or not. :blush:

I just picked up Civilization 4 for 1500 yesterday. :smiley:

[quote=“Sideway”][quote=“irishstu”]

It’s legitimate, but I’m not sure if it’s in English or not. :blush:

I just picked up Civilization 4 for 1500 yesterday. :smiley:[/quote]

WOAH! Hold the phone! Is Civ 4 in English?

Yes. Haven’t installed it yet but it is in English.