PC GAMES in English

Shut the expletive deleted up! I better get that as a wedding present tomorrow or I am off to the market to get it and play it all day for a honeymoon.

PS. I’m getting married tomorrow (Saturday)

[quote=“Chicken”]Shut the expletive deleted up! I better get that as a wedding present tomorrow or I am off to the market to get it and play it all day for a honeymoon.

PS. I’m getting married tomorrow (Saturday)[/quote]

Congrats, chicken!

[quote=“Chicken”]Shut the expletive deleted up! I better get that as a wedding present tomorrow or I am off to the market to get it and play it all day for a honeymoon.

PS. I’m getting married tomorrow (Saturday)[/quote]

Playing Civ 4 on your honeymoon…your wife will love that…hehe. My girlfriend of 3 years and I broke up once I bought a computer. :smiley:

Where is that computer market at in Taipei? Please give me directions cause I live in Taoyuan

This is their phone number: 02-2321-8275. They moved recently…so not sure where new location is. But it’s probably close to the old location (building got torn down). It’s probably still in the Guanghua IT park…which you can take the MRT to.

If you don’t want to bother with markets that may or may not have it. You could try this place and have it sent to you door:

They’re fantastic, just ask Lo Bo To.

Anyone seen or played Black?
It’s supposed to be the shit…
And how’s Q4?

I’ve always thought Quake was pretty shit. Multiplayer is very fast paced though… usually i get the shakes after playing it for 10 hours straight, whereas CS I can play for 24 hours.

Civilisation 4 is not too bad… but if your gonna play against other people, expect the game to take a whole day to play (just for 1 game). I throught Age 3 was over-rated but never had the opportunity to play multiplayer…so I guess I can’t really judge it.

I just finished playing the single player of Call of Duty 2 and wasn’t that impressed…maybe multiplayer is excellent.
I still think the best fps of late was Far Cry. If anyone wants to “borrow” any of these games for a beer or 6 they are most welcome, just pm me.

[quote=“Tyc00n”]I’ve always thought Quake was pretty shit. Multiplayer is very fast paced though… usually I get the shakes after playing it for 10 hours straight, whereas CS I can play for 24 hours.

Civilisation 4 is not too bad… but if your gonna play against other people, expect the game to take a whole day to play (just for 1 game). I throught Age 3 was over-rated but never had the opportunity to play multiplayer…so I guess I can’t really judge it.

I just finished playing the single player of Call of Duty 2 and wasn’t that impressed…maybe multiplayer is excellent.
I still think the best fps of late was Far Cry. If anyone wants to “borrow” any of these games for a beer or 6 they are most welcome, just pm me.[/quote]

So what’s your take on the biggest fps of them all…HL2?

And I just finished playing Far Cry for the first time recently…and then I started playing F.E.A.R. …and although they are comparable…FEAR still has to be considered the best fps on the market right now.

I really enjoyed Civ 4…but the problem with those games is once you start to win…you win. No more struggles. With a fps there are challenges awaiting you every second.

I really enjoyed Far Cry. In my opinion that is the best FPS game. I was happy to hear that Crytek, the company that made Far Cry, is coming out with a new FPS.
I wanted to buy F.E.A.R. but don’t think my computer can handle it (even though my computer is only 2 years old).

Has anyone played Doom 3? I have it but have yet to play it. I have other games that I am playing now, but will definitely install Doom 3 next if it is worth it.

I may be the only one to admit this but I am looking forward to the new Tomb Raider game coming out in April. I believe that it is called Tomb Raider Legend. The graphics look fantastic and the gameplay is supposed to be phenomenal.

And her breasts are more realistic in Legends…and larger. You forgot to mention that, browny.

Has anyone seen Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (PC Version of course) in Taipei?

[quote=“jjsimpso”]Has anyone seen Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (PC Version of course) in Taipei?[/quote]I can get the English one $2200, or the special edition for $2700 in a few days. Let me know how much you want it.

Hmm. That’s a bit much considering I’m going back to the states in two months or so. Thanks for the offer, but I can probably wait it out. Are you planning on stocking Oblivion in reasonable quantities? If I were to buy, it would probably be the special edition.

[quote=“jjsimpso”]Hmm. That’s a bit much considering I’m going back to the states in two months or so. Thanks for the offer, but I can probably wait it out. Are you planning on stocking Oblivion in reasonable quantities? If I were to buy, it would probably be the special edition.[/quote]Yeah, it is a bit. My USA supplier isn’t good for games, and I don’t have any orders with the UK one to order with it. If you’re going over to the USA, you will be able to get it cheaper with a discount and bring it over yourself. If I was to get I would order it especially for you, or it might sit around unbought after I’ve already paid for it.
It may come out in Taiwan, but it might be in Chinese only, best to get it in the USA if you don’t see it before you go.

[quote=“browny”]
Has anyone played Doom 3? I have it but have yet to play it. I have other games that I am playing now, but will definitely install Doom 3 next if it is worth it.[/quote]
I enjoyed Doom 3, but I played it almost two years ago. I expected it to be more run n gun like the first Doom, but it has more of a story to it and plays like a modern FPS. It is a bit cheap with the monsters jumping out of hidden “monster lockers” but overall it’s a fun game. Quake 4 is the better game as far as SP goes.

I just got Oblivion and the Godfather the other day. I ordered from the US. ANnyway, I’ve played a liitle of both and they are really worth the purchase IMHO.

i suggest you get doom3 ressurection, imho it’s a bit better than doom 3. it’s not as dark! quake4 is great too.

godfather is extremely fun but ‘missions’ are repetitive, some places like coffeeshops, warehouses… are exactly the same all across the game.
going back to the house to save sucks.

i played the xbox360 g.r.a.w. demo and this game is awesome!!! i dont know if it’s out on pc yet?!

Sin Episodes…it’s a new game that you can download in bite sized chapters. Instead of spending 60 dollars on a 15 hour FPS story. You can spend 20 bucks for a 5 hour one…and if you like it continue the story by buying the next 5 hours.

Expect a cool story with not much repitition. And since they release the chapters every few months or so…the game will advance along with the hardware. It seems a lot of games might be going this way in the future. I love my credit card.

sinepisodes.com/

I went to Nova and lucked out finding a great English/Chinese DVD game. ‘The Battle for Middle-Earth II’ … it’s great…it’s a RTS like warcraft or Age of Empires…graphics are top notch…and it has some RPG elements as well. Recommended.

You can choose upon install whether you want English or Chinese.