PDF converter

Can someone recommend some software that is not too expensive and will convert word files into pdf files thus making them more difficult to copy.

Also where can I download it from ?

many thanks for any constructive replies

www.cutepdf.com/

It’s free, and doesn’t have the annoying watermarks in the background.

Open office has an option to save as a pdf. It also can save as any version of Word. Also, you can open Word documents and edit them. It’s free to use, and actually it can also replace Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Well, it’s open source, too, and it’s free. SO, I suggest you get it and use it.

openoffice.org/

I’ve used Primo PDF and PDF 995 without problems. Both are pretty solid freeware.

got a mac? just print any document from any application as a pdf. built-in feature of the OSX.

PrimoPDF is …well…Primo!..duude…:smiley:

[quote=“fenlander”]Can someone recommend some software that is not too expensive and will convert word files into pdf files thus making them more difficult to copy.

Also where can I download it from ?

many thanks for any constructive replies[/quote]How secure do you want the files to be?

Exporting .pdf files from Open Office gives you the option of requiring a password to open them.

But using Primo PDF you have that option plus the options of disabling cut and paste and printing.

If you want to go even more secure, preventing others from viewing the files unless specifically authorised to do so, there’s an online service from Adobe which could be worth looking into, and there are a few other companies that offer different solutions for secure eBooks.

To all posters. Thank you very much for the excellent advice.

Very appreciated.
:notworthy: