Peace and Love Everybody

I’m not surprised you feel that way. Anybody who would use phrases like ‘dreadfully insipid’ clearly isn’t a Carlin fan. He would say ‘fucking stupid boring bullshit!’.

I’m not surprised you feel that way. Anybody who would use phrases like ‘dreadfully insipid’ clearly isn’t a Carlin fan. He would say ‘fucking stupid boring bullshit!’.[/quote]

I am a big Carlin fan. But that was just a silly rant, the content of which can be found on a million blogs. Not creative, clever, inspired or original in any way. Kind of like your asinine swipe at me. :laughing: :wink:

I’m not surprised you feel that way. Anybody who would use phrases like ‘dreadfully insipid’ clearly isn’t a Carlin fan. He would say ‘fucking stupid boring bullshit!’.[/quote]

I am a big Carlin fan. But that was just a silly rant, the content of which can be found on a million blogs. Not creative, clever, inspired or original in any way. Kind of like your asinine swipe at me. :laughing: :wink:[/quote]

It wasn’t a swipe. Sorry if you took it as such.

Still, just because you can find similar sentiments on a million blogs doesn’t detract from the value of his performance. It beats the heck out of what I hear coming out of presidential candidates’ mouths, which is nothing more than absolute meaningless gobbledygook.

Good Lord, reading your highly predictable troll posts is dreadfully insipid. How brilliant that you found a person sharing something they like, had a dig at their choices and then when they responded you went under your little bridge and dug out this old gem… [quote]your asinine swipe at me. [/quote] I wave a troll bucket in your general direction for that piece of mature and blindingly brilliant commentary.

You should walk into a police station and wave your cock about. I’'m sure some people would like proof that you actually doing in real life when you pretend to do online. I’ve asked people about you and they say you are the nicest guy you could hope to meet. Shame you swagger about on here like a twat. It goes against my grain to write with such candour, but honestly you are a bore and a fight starter round here, and you either need to ship out or shape up.

Good Lord, reading your highly predictable troll posts is dreadfully insipid. How brilliant that you found a person sharing something they like, had a dig at their choices and then when they responded you went under your little bridge and dug out this old gem… [quote]your asinine swipe at me. [/quote] I wave a troll bucket in your general direction for that piece of mature and blindingly brilliant commentary.

You should walk into a police station and wave your cock about. I’'m sure some people would like proof that you actually doing in real life when you pretend to do online. I’ve asked people about you and they say you are the nicest guy you could hope to meet. Shame you swagger about on here like a twat. It goes against my grain to write with such candour, but honestly you are a bore and a fight starter round here, and you either need to ship out or shape up.[/quote]
Yes, he can be a cock. :thumbsup:

I am a big Carlin fan. But that was just a silly rant, the content of which can be found on a million blogs. Not creative, clever, inspired or original in any way. Kind of like your asinine swipe at me. :laughing: :wink:[/quote]

On second thought, I guess accusing somebody of not being a Carlin fan is a swipe. Sorry about that.

[quote=“formosahut”]
On second thought, I guess accusing somebody of not being a Carlin fan is a swipe. Sorry about that.[/quote]
Bah… Carlin was a bore who talked fast and sold out to TV like all the others who didn’t die. :thumbsdown:

Yep, talking fast and swearing a lot don’t make for funny.

No problem.

Maybe it’s a generational thing. I remember listening to his LP with the 7 dirty words routine when I was a kid. Laughed my ass off. I admit, if I hadn’t been listening to Carlin for so many decades, I probably wouldn’t find that routine posted so meaningful. After all, the same sentiments can be found all over the place, as MM points out. So, yea, OK, there may be some personal bias on my part. I grew up with Carlin. He’s funny. Always has been. Always will be. Fuck you if you don’t agree. (Got that line from George.)

I can see it now, “Yea, I listened to that crap too way back when.” Ok.

Maybe it’s a generational thing. I remember listening to his LP with the 7 dirty words routine when I was a kid. Laughed my ass off. I admit, if I hadn’t been listening to Carlin for so many decades, I probably wouldn’t find that routine posted so meaningful. After all, the same sentiments can be found all over the place, as MM points out. So, yea, OK, there may be some personal bias on my part. I grew up with Carlin. He’s funny. Always has been. Always will be. Fuck you if you don’t agree. (Got that line from George.)

I can see it now, “Yea, I listened to that crap too way back when.” Ok.[/quote]

I used to love Carlin, too. Still do but that routine just struck me as un-funny. The audience seemed to agree as there are few laughs except at the swearing.

Comedy is cultural and therefore time bound and generational.

Comedy is cultural and therefore time bound and generational.[/quote]

Good point. When you think about it, his original ‘7 dirty words’ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words) routine, by today’s standards, isn’t funny at all. What’s funny about hearing a bunch of cussing? But in the social/media/political climate of the early 70’s, it was funny. His comedy has always had an element of social commentary. I think he hit his peak of mixing actual comedic talent with social commentary during the tour where he did his ‘save the planet’ routine. I think it was a couple years before his ‘they own you’ bit.

Anyway, like him or not, he played a pivotal role in shaping what we can and cannot say in the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4

Then there’s religion:

Or tips for serial killers:

And some thoughts on stupid people.

This is a pretty good routine from Seinfeld on the subject of curmudgeons.