Peak MAGA thread

Close, but totally wrong.

We have Taiwanese friends coming in from Seattle to check out NYC schools. I won’t do the tourist thing in the city. Too hot too crowded too violent too many moving parts. Not fear on my part just don’t want the hassle. I saw NYC in the late 70s, 80s, 90s and have been going to Yankees games for years. It was very bad in the 70s. It got better. Now it seems it’s getting much worse. Thing is if JD Vance doesn’t wanna go he doesn’t have to. It’s his choice. We can still have those right?

And this, for this marvelously inspirational thread:

“And now they’re sort of talking about going door-to-door to be able to take vaccines to the people. The thing about the mechanisms they would have to build to be able to actually execute that massive of a thing,” Cawthorn said, in reference to Biden’s latest community-based vaccine push.

"Think about what those mechanisms could be used for. They could then go door-to-door to take your guns. They could go door-to-door to take your bibles," Cawthorn said.

Huge crowd cheers Trump’s arrival at the UFC:

There is an obvious solution to this impasse:

You know who else went door-to-door?

Mothers March is the first and longest-running March of Dimes fundraising event, began in 1950 as a door-to-door campaign to eradicate polio in the United States.

Another insidious government bureau that goes door-to-door collecting information and will punish you for not answering, and worse, it’s in the Constitution:

By census law , refusal to answer all or part of the census carries a $100 fine . The penalty goes up to $500 for giving false answers.

Another sinister Federal organization also collects the names and addresses of tens of millions of Americans- the USPS- and its also in the Constitution!
This evil bureaucratic overreach goes back to 1775! Stop this intrusion!

1 Like

Who’s favored to win?

A couple of years ago, actor Craig T. Nelson appeared on Glenn Beck’s Fox News program to rail against taxes, government, and the lack of fiscal responsibility in society. As the actor argued at the time, he was thinking about no longer paying taxes because he disapproved of public funds rescuing those struggling.

“They’re not going to bail me out. I’ve been on food stamps and welfare. Anybody help me out? No. No.”

Paul Ryan, the Ayn Rand fanboy affectionately known as the “Zombie-eyed Granny-starver”, who wanted to cut Social Security benefits-

"Ryan’s father died when Paul was only 16. Using the Social Security survivors benefits he received until his 18th birthday, he paid for his education at Miami University in Ohio…

Receiving more than his father ever paid in- appropriately enough, as that great free enterpriser Ayn Rand did the same.

And now Lauren Boebert:

“We’re here to tell government: ‘We don’t want your benefits. We don’t want your welfare."

Lauren Boebert, earlier:

I’m living the American dream. I came up from welfare, standing in line waiting for government cheese, to now running for Congress.

IOTW, government helped me, but now I’ve got mine, screw you- kick the ladder away.

1 Like

Tough to say, CJ obviously has the male physicality advantage (bone density, punching shoulders, etc.) but MTG has the pure-batshit-crazy advantage. If no ladders, I guess I’d bet a beer on CJ.

Don’t forget about her age though…she’s in her 70s!

So, you’ll take that bet? If the cage match happens, I’m holding you to it…

Yes. She’s been living the soft socialite life for decades…and then there’s all the estrogen. I wouldn’t be surprised if MTG has much higher T levels.

1 Like

Former Trump State Department spokesman turned Fox News host bravely takes a stand against Japan’s genocide of Uighurs.

“I like to call them the ‘genocide Olympics.’ Anyway, I’m still on the team that I’m not even sure that we should be competing because there’s an ongoing genocide in Xinjiang. So if we are going to compete and have America athletes there in a country that’s committing a genocide, even more important, Harris, to have the freedom of the American flag fully represented.” – Former Trump State Department spokesperson turned Fox News host Morgan Ortagus.

1 Like

“I like to call them the ‘genocide Olympics.’ Anyway, I’m still on the team that I’m not even sure that we should be competing because there’s an ongoing genocide in Xinjiang.

What a moron! Seems like this is something she does regularly if she likes to call them "the ‘genocide Olympics.’ Did no one ask her “what are you talking about?”. Going to watch the clip now to see if she gets called on it or if they even bat an eyelid.

edit/
There’s someone on the left nodding their head, they can’t ALL be that stupid, could they be discussing the Chinese Olympics 2022? Would need to see some context.

Yep, another brain-dead gotcha attempt. She was obviously referring to the upcoming Winter Games in Beijing.

1 Like

Nice try- except they’re talking about the Tokyo Olympics, and she refers to “these Olympics”. Another brain-dead attempt to deny reality in order to slobber over Fox.

1 Like

That would include both summer and winter Olympics, would it not?

This is the segment immediately preceding the clip, the Olympics committee is considering a redesign of the American flag. Prompted at around 8.13, one could say that since they are in the proposal stages, it’s for future Olympics events not the Japanese ones which are about to kick off, but the person making the comments doesn’t actually specify which ones she is talking about.

1 Like

And in other news, Governor DeSantis recently passed a law handing out rigorous penalties to anyone who blocked a Florida highway.

“Just think about it, you’re driving home from work and, all of a sudden, you have people out there shutting down a highway, and we worked hard to make sure that didn’t happen in Florida.”

Penalties could subject these protestors to felony charges, a prison sentence, losing their right to vote, and they could be run over be a car and the driver would be granted civil immunity.

Demonstrators expressing solidarity with the thousands of Cubans who waged a rare weekend of protests around their island nation shut down a stretch of a major South Florida expressway Tuesday.

The large group gathered at a busy Miami intersection chanting support for the Cubans, who had taken to the streets of several communities around the communist nation Sunday to air grievances about poor economic conditions, among other complaints.

News helicopter footage from broadcaster WTVJ showed demonstrators marching to Miami’s Palmetto Expressway, where several of them sat down in the roadway. Traffic was eventually blocked in both directions, and police weren’t immediately moving demonstrators.

I mean, obviously he didn’t mean the law would be applied to his supporters- only to protestors like SJWs and BLM typesand other people he doesn’t like.

And flyin’ Ted Cruz mocked Democratic lawmakers fleeing the state to avoid making a quorum- we all remember Republican politicians doing this when Republican lawmakers did the exact same thing in Oregon- twice.

Maybe if @MikeN1 spent a little less time slobbering over partisan sources like Fox News and Joe My God, he’d be able to take a step back and be a little more objective.

Didn’t think I would see discussions about redesigning the US flag this fast, but it was inevitable at some point.

I have a template suggestion for those on the left looking for a redesign.

1 Like