Peak MAGA thread

Yes, if other GOP denounced them, they would face blowback from Trump, and therefore his supporters. They’re (majority of GOP) beholden to them (the GOP pellets) in that sense.

They obviously want to have their cake and eat it too. Pretend to be a normal party, pretend the pellets don’t exist, pretend they don’t espouse their views. But they are clearly attached. They are tied to them, and Trump, for better or worse.

Spoiler alert: It doesn’t get better. They’re betting on a nag.

Well former dems are bashing AOC for her revisionist Cuba statements so that’s nice. You ought to read Boehner’s book. He just whips the tea party patriots, Ted Cruz in particular. So broaden your view. Both sides are doing a little to reign in their nutters. That’s about the best we can hope for.

I readz plenty.

On Trump’s impact :

When I ask Boehner whether the Republican Party can survive this, he cuts me off. “There is no Rep—.” He stops himself. “You were about to say, ‘There is no Republican Party,’” I tell him. He shrugs. “There is. But what does it even mean? Donald Trump’s not a Republican. He’s not a Democrat. He’s a populist. He doesn’t have an ideological bone in his body.” So who, I ask, is the leader of the party? “There is nobody,” he says.

Which is, exactly the point I’m making. The party stands for nothing anymore, except fealty to orange man.

Nice try. 1/6. Say the date.

You know the expression, hitch your wagon to a star? The GOP somehow still thinks a bag full of rocks dumped in the Hudson is going to grow rockets and liftoff.

That’s the level of delusion the party is under. What they really need to do is stop hugging that bag, and get to the surface to get some badly needed oxygen.

Of course that won’t happen. To take a breath, they will instead attempt mouth to mouth on the contents of that bag. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And I think McConnell has shown time and again he and others aren’t beholden to Trump’s brief grasp at political power.

Boehners book is quite good. I haven’t read any reviews about it though. I thought he was mostly complimentary of his political opponents and fair minded when assessing GOP shenanigans.

I think they think they can break the tether at any given time down the road. But at long as that tether exists (and it clearly still does), they’re putting holes in their own ship that can’t be patched, or forgotten easily.

I mean, they didn’t want to do a commission on 1/6. Not distant history, and that says it all.

The silver lining lately seems to be that some of the party is starting to wake up to MAGA nonsense, maybe it’s because they’re holding the country back so much it’s hurting their stock portfolio, maybe because they think delta is going to kill their voting base now, who knows.

But some of them are starting to get a binging sound in their head that people are tired of their anti-democratic, anti-health, do-anything-to-own-the-libs caveman salsa.

Team MAGA has made the US an embarrassment in the eyes of the world as well.

They’re guys weren’t allowed. Like last week. Clearly they were willing to participate. I see this as just yet another political sand pouring in the gears because the ruling class thinks they’re celebrities who deserve to be doing super duper important stuff like all the time. There is way more real news out there. There were a LOT of people at the 1/6 event. Very few of them committed crimes. The Capital police dont need a full fledged federal investigation run by camera hogs. On any side. They fucked up hard.

They punted on the original opportunity for bipartisan hearings, nice try:

Bipartisan legislation to establish an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol has failed in the Senate, as Republicans staged their first filibuster since President Biden took office to block the plan.

The final vote Friday was 54-35, but Republicans withheld the votes necessary to bring the bill up for debate. Just six GOP senators joined with the Democrats, leaving the measure short of the 60 votes needed to proceed.

The proposed commission was modeled on the one established to investigate the 9/11 terror attacks, with 10 commissioners — five Democrats and five Republicans — who would have subpoena powers. A Democratic chair and Republican vice chair would have had to approve all subpoenas with a final report due at the end of the year.

Now they’re crying because Jim Jordan, their resident gaslighter, won’t be allowed to peacock. They blew their chance.

Literally everyone who stepped onto government property committed a crime, that crime being trespassing.

The ones who forcefully and violently breached the capitol buildings, looking for their political enemies, those are called terrorists, going by the literal definition of the word, again.

Which is also why I don’t ‘say their names’. To each their own.

Ok and how many out of the total did that?

And you can stop the whole “Nice try” stuff. I’m not trying to win the internet. :roll_eyes:

Yeah, people risking their lives for Americans- totally insignificant. “Thank you for your sacrifice on behalf of America. Now go and get fucked.”

Is this you feigning concern? lol

How many trespassed? I’m really not sure. If they stepped on the grounds, they were trespassing. Not complicated.

I do acknowledge that in that group, many likely did not have the intent to do much other than trespass. And law enforcement has been over the tapes, and seem to have been fair in being lenient with those people.

But people like the one who shall not be named, who was trying to kick in a window and lead a mob in, threatening the safety of an officer (whose shooting was found to be justified), that’s a different breed of criminal right there. And there were a lot of those too.

Were there enough to smear the whole of the MAGA movement? You seem to think so.

Drive up to the capitol and wave the flag

1 Like

Gotta love that security!

She was wearing some pretty heavy body armour.

1 Like

You’re the only one suggesting that here. :smiley:

I’m discussing the difference between different levels of criminality at the capitol on 1/6. I don’t divide criminals by party affiliation, thugs are thugs.

“There were a LOT of people at the 1/6 event. Very few of them committed crimes.”
More than 500 is “very few” ? Really ?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s quite the massage job.

Time for the daily dose of Team MAGA.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1419304039775358980?s=20

500 knuckleheads out of around 30,000 at the rally that proceeded “ the event.”

1 Like

Violent insurgents attacking police officers with weapons while storming into the Capitol building aren’t “knuckleheads”, they’re despicable morons who deserve to be in prison.

1 Like