Pedestal Mirror

I have looked in drug stores and grocery stores here and cannot find the type of mirror I am looking for.

I need a pedestal mirror. One side “regular” the other side magnifying. The kind you can carry to the best light in order to apply make-up. It’s like the kind they have on the counters in the make-up section of department stores. I don’t know where else to look. Costco? Ikea?

Thanks much…

Why don’t you ask the makeup counter in the dept. store where they bought theirs?

Try one of those little “everything for under NT$100”-type places that sell everyting but the kitchen sink and sometimes those too. It won’t be pretty and it won’t be stylish but it will do the reflecting job quite well.

Ask Stray Dog. He uses one to pluck his eyebrows…among other things.

Don’t IKEA sell these?

Thanks. I bought a little substitute at a grocery store and when I opened it, the darned thing flew out, bounced on the carpet and both mirrors came completely off. I think the glue underneath was about 20 years old.

I will check around. Ikea’s gotta have one.

Try Working House.

The local five and dime has several – nothing fancy, but one was on a nickel-plated type of pedestal and looked a tad nicer than the others. Try the kind of store that sells a bit of everything, like kitchen and bath knicknacks, electrical cords, plastic drawers and bins, and the like. If you’re in Neihu or Xizhi, drop me a PM and I’ll give you the address of this one.