Pelosi visiting Taiwan in August 2022

How about North Korea, on a dare? Or some other proxy?

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was a regularly scheduled flight from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands to Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia. On 17 July 2014, the Boeing 777-200ER (registered 9M-MRD) operating the flight was hit by a Soviet-made Buk surface-to-air missile fired by pro-Russian Donetsk separatists. All 283 passengers and 15 crew were killed, including 80 children. The Joint Investigation Team claimed the missile was operated by Russian-backed rebels near Donetsk, Ukraine during the Battle in Shakhtarsk Raion.[56] Russian President Vladimir Putin denied accusations of Russian involvement.[57] At the time, the shootdown was Ukraine’s deadliest aviation disaster and the deadliest aviation disaster involving the Boeing 777.[58]

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 was a scheduled international passenger flight from Tehran to Kyiv operated by Ukraine International Airlines. On 8 January 2020, the Boeing 737-800 (registered UR-PSR) operating the route was shot down by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) shortly after take off from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport, killing all 176 people on board.[59][60][61] After initially denying responsibility, Iran admitted on 11 January 2020 that, in the hours following the IRGC’s launch of missiles against air bases used by the U.S., the plane was unintentionally targeted when the IRGC mistook it for a cruise missile launched by the U.S. in retaliation.[62]

What if China just weaponized tiktok and sent out an EMP at 30,000 feet? :crazy_face:

when has North Korea, or china, ever shot down an official plane with US government officials?

impossible? No. But everyone knows that brings them into direct conflict with the US, rather than .just the usual douche baggarry we see today.

it’s far easier to to kill the environment surrounding a hornet’s nest rather than send one rock (missile) into it…

1 Like

I agree, which is why the thought they might shoot down the plane, an idea put out BY Pelosi herself, is absurd.

1 Like

yep, that’s why I think they are just grasping at straws to wuss out and appease their superiors (the ones that hold their economy at ransom).

watch them cancel. if they dont, great. but it seems if they dont cancel, they may have strings attached to further guilt trip Taiwan.

aka. +1 CCP unless the US grows some balls, even if tiny ones.

She went to Ukraine during a military assault.

She won’t go to Taiwan cuz scary bear? THAT will send China the wrong message.

3 Likes

agree 100%. Absolutely the wrong message to china if they cancel their Taiwan trip . if she comes, I hope she doesn’t emotionally kidnap Taiwan thinking she is doing us a favor. but she/they probably will.

Any high level US visit is a good thing for Taiwan. She should come and talk about all the world orgs that Taiwan has been boxed out of and then tell China to eat a dick.

4 Likes

good thing for the world*

1 Like

TikTok already is a weapon in and of itself…

1 Like

From a CNN article

Pelosi’s reported trip wouldn’t be the first time a sitting US House speaker has visited Taiwan. In 1997, Newt Gingrich met Lee, the island’s first democratically elected President, in Taipei only days after his trip to Beijing and Shanghai, where Gingrich said he warned Chinese leaders that the US would intervene militarily if Taiwan was attacked.

On Monday, Gingrich weighed into the conversation, writing on social media: “What is the Pentagon thinking when it publicly warns against Speaker Pelosi going to Taiwan? If we are so intimidated by the Chinese Communists we can’t even protect an American Speaker of the House why should Beijing believe we can help Taiwan survive. Timidity is dangerous.”

7 Likes

the balls are on the other donkey now.

YES. :100:

Biden admin kind of has that vibe of a somewhat decent company that just appointed a new CEO to take the business into a new growth direction after a rough year. But then suddenly everyone realizes the CEO is making zero progress on everything because they are busy working with other executives on how to divide up the company business units and sell each one off to other companies. Jokes aside, Biden needs to start firing people left and right - get people in there that are pumped to do good work. Everyone in the administration looks like they don’t even want to be there, its bizarre.

1 Like

Cannot believe I am saying this, but Gingrich is totally correct on this one.

1 Like

The Associated Press: US military making plans in case Pelosi travels to Taiwan.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when in August this is happening? I’m not kidding if China is going to declare war, I need to start coming up with alternative life plans sooner rather than later

Can this become a thing? Caravan of Senators making its way to Taiwan? I want CNN / FOX News updates on the Caravan every hour, on the hour, stat! How far away, how much has the caravan grown, and info on where we can buy some commemorative pens :joy:

1 Like

I’m currently on a trip back to the US and it’d be great if she would go before I fly back, so I can see what the reaction is ha. Worst case would be she goes the day of my flight, and there’s weird airspace issues.

Calm the frack down.

3 Likes

I’m starting a field hospital in the subway.

The transit or the sandwich shop?