Pelosi visiting Taiwan in August 2022

The evil has landed.

OK, so I just spent two hours watching an airplane land. See ya!

Will do, thanks for the info.

the only player making this reckless, or even important, is China. because china is so reckless and oppressive, this visit has to happen even more, they made that happen themselves. only a CCP patriot could think this is anyone’s problem but the CCP.

the real question is, why shouldn’t she come? threats of of war? if anything that should trigger recognition of Taiwan and a few US bases put here (with taiwans permission of course), not running away like a fearful infant.

China doesnt need any more enablers to help them threaten the world with violence.

6 Likes

watching that livestream, my son was like we are watching Amelia. Nancy son, not Amelia.
Are you happy she is coming?
No it is really bad news, Amelia is coming.
Why don’t you want her to come?
Are you crazy Dad? Amelia will destroy Taiwan.
Nancy!!!Who is Amelia?
A big rock from space.
A meteor. H aha ha

3 Likes

good. Now i can pee. Someone better give her stinky tofu as a starter

1 Like

no wonder you hate her. that’a long time to stay tuned into any taiwanese news chanel!

first missile ever fired at Taiwan should be nicknamed Amelia here :slight_smile:

You know Taiwan is fighting for its life. Freedom isn’t free and we took it for granted.

We’re not wrong. China is wrong. This is victim blaming. Opposing this because China is threatening Taiwan is literal victim blaming.

4 Likes

I don’t much hate anyone. I have the summer off, so aside from reading and watching grass grow today before my haircut, nada to do.

1 Like

Grand Hyatt isn’t that haunted ?
Her security detail will have fun with those intruders

Christ I’m not an “enabler”, but nice smear. No one can answer how this is supposed to advance Taiwan’s interests.

As for your analogy, no one is disputing that China are huge assholes. But if a crazy guy is holding you hostage with a gun, you don’t purposely try to piss them off. As I said, once the trip is announced it has to go through though.

3 Likes

We’re standing up

And that life may be shorter if we poke the bear. Why not just declare independence then if we’re making rash actions?

Did you crib that from a George W Bush speech circa 2002? It’s a nice platitude, but kind of irrelevant to our discussion.

No. One. Is. Disputing. This.

Saying Pelosi’s trip is reckless is not “victim blaming.” It’s a fact. We’ll see how everything shakes out over the next few days.

4 Likes

This is a good thing for democracy. A unilateral Standing up to the provocation by china is what is needed.

2 Likes

Well, surely the Taiwanese government and military OKed her visit, so yeah. Geopolitical shakeups suck. Either they take decades, like Taiwan, or change overnight, like Ukraine. No doubt though, this is a shakeup. Hope Chen’s shooter doesn’t get to her in the hotel lobby. Dangerous game.

US stock market is turning around. ijs

That bear keeps taking and taking. When does it stop? When nothing is left? It holds the world hostage. Get out of my way or I blow the whole thing up.

In 2002 I was a child. I didn’t watch bush on TV. I lived in Canada. I watched Spongebob.

My family taught me to not take freedom for granted. My family came from the ruins of WWII in Italy. They knew not to take Canada’s freedom for granted. They know what happens when despots take and take and take.

Freedom isn’t free. We take it for granted, we may lose it. It is something we have fought for for a hundred plus years.

But victim blaming only helps China!

It’s not reckless. It’s standing up.

No more dancing around this.

Either we use our rights or lose our rights.

This is Taiwan’s right and we should be in unison in defending Taiwan’s right to let anyone they want in or out of the country.

7 Likes

So was Ted Cruz visiting for Taiwans national day in 2019 reckless? How is this any different?

1 Like

Nobody gives a shit about Lying Ted

3 Likes

Eh the landing was live on CNN, BBC and DW.

One Taiwan talk show folks on set actually clapped. So at least it was entertaining.

5 Likes