Pelosi visiting Taiwan in August 2022

Jing-Mei White Terror Memorial Park
02 2218 2438
https://goo.gl/maps/qCTzvSCQsyVmnL6m6

Going here tomorrow apparently

2 Likes

He’s unapologetically pro-unification and a professional sh&t disturber.

Guy

4 Likes

Dude, stop. There’s a TON of shit going on right now and this stopover, while resulting in largely nothing, will leave a mark. The mark will fester and pop when she’s long gone. She’s showboating and that is not and has never been a good diplomatic strategy.

6 Likes

Well look what I found…
ha!
If only it were true.

If you have not noticed there have been many high profile visits just about every couple months for the last few years from the US and European governments that are increasing in frequency. Even Tsai going to the US at the start of her presidency.

I’m pointing out an obvious trend and your specific criticism of one visit is irrational.

Unless its just to say that above a certain rank shouldn’t come here. Which I understand but don’t agree with.

1 Like

I just hope it’s not totally political for her. I have a nagging feeling it is though

Wasn’t she jailed in China because she protested Tiananmen? She is tough on China and always has been.

2 Likes

Definitely, I expected a return to previous form with Biden, but he’s outdoing Trump. I hope it’s based on legitimate confidence because they are certainly exuding it.

1 Like

Pelosi’s visit is normal. It’s the PRC that’s reckless.

15 Likes

Lyn Webb bad idea. unnecessary and provocative given upcoming party congress / xi third term

Ian Bremmer just posted that on FB.

Nothing like a rallying cry.

We’ll I’m glad we can understand one another. It would be easier and far less time consuming if you’d refrain from remodeling my words to fit your projections.

1 Like

779 posts were split to a new topic: The Post-Pelosi Chinese Aggression Thread

13 posts were split to a new topic: From pelosi

This topic was automatically opened after 22 hours.

Kevin McCarthy is coming to Taiwan this summer.

:grimacing:

I’m sure he will be welcomed with flowers. Chinese flowers.

1 Like

Total bs……he is coming in the spring not summer.

1 Like

Morris Chang to Pelosi: US in over its head on semiconductors.

1 Like

Lunar summer :grin:

1 Like