Pen Bay Race Track Members Day

Are there any Formosans who go to the track days at Pen Bay. Anybody want to meet up to do a few laps…

Ive done a few hundred laps round the track…although we split it into 2 sections for the Caterham R500 launch recently.
Its not a great track for safely being able to push cars too hard as there is so little run off into concrete walls :s but its all we have for now…Longtan is actually more fun…but again walls are close !
We have a new SP300r Caterham/lola arriving soon and i will no doubt be giving it a go round Penbay :discodance:

What car are you driving…or is it a sportsbike?

Longshan is pretty lame, but the best in Taiwan I agree.

Wow, a SP300r Caterham, high roller you are!

Is there a group even racing those here?

The SP300r a bit too expensive for racing in Taiwan…its just a car i can take customers in ! however we are having a race series of Caterham Academy cars …much like in England…next year.
We are just ordering 15 Caterham race cars and plan to charge a fee for a seasons racing…but cheap if possible…to try and get more people actually racing in Taiwan :discodance:
Only problem with Motorsport as i have learned…is the only way to make a million from motorsport…is to start with 2 million :laughing:

How often are track days held there and how do they work?
Do they have rental cars?

[quote=“MLR”]How often are track days held there and how do they work?
Do they have rental cars?[/quote]

Unfortunately the track appears to be having problems with noise issues (maybe from passing yachts…sorry not allowed to own boats) Only spent 2/3 years assessing with EPA these issues but apparently some residents must have complained. I am at a loss as there appears to be no residential housing nearby. More likely someone is upset with the trackowners,but who knows? Only wish the EPA would be as concerned with other violations in Taiwan like the restaurant next to me… :thumbsdown:

I am sure some Taiwanese will manage to screw up this new track. The problem is SOME people in positions of power have a Brain the size of a pea.Much like the rest of the World unfortunately.
Maybe visit Penbay International Circuit website. There is an English service. www.pic-taiwan.com

[quote=“MLR”]How often are track days held there and how do they work?
Do they have rental cars?[/quote]

First you have to join ($20 or 30000), can’t remember. Then they have around 4 or 5 “members” days a month where you can take your own car for $1000 per 20 min session. You also have to pass some briefing\test about track and driving etiquette and safety. I don’t think they have rental cars.

The good news is that I’m almost always the only car on the track. The most I’ve seen are three or four cars at a time. More motorbikes than cars.

At the moment the track is closed for noise pollution regs. They have to finish building some sound barriers. Not sure when it will reopen.

That’s terrible, I remember there weren’t much or any residential housing nearby when I first went there around 4 years ago while the place was still being built.
Taiwan/Taiwanese is not very accepting of racing as a sport and is more seen as being a maniac/attention whore/rebel. I remember in my early teens, before I could go racing by myself, I was met with a lot opposition from my family and relatives.

[quote=“MLR”]That’s terrible, I remember there weren’t much or any residential housing nearby when I first went there around 4 years ago while the place was still being built.
Taiwan/Taiwanese is not very accepting of racing as a sport and is more seen as being a maniac/attention whore/rebel. I remember in my early teens, before I could go racing by myself, I was met with a lot opposition from my family and relatives.[/quote]

I think the problem was they ignored the regulations and opened anyway, hoping to avoid implementing whatever steps they should have. I might be wrong but it seems they are temporarily closed to try to bring the track up to the originally agreed standards. The hotel at the track had some “issues” and a lot of the facilities (health/medical centre) are not yet completed. Meanwhile everyone is left twiddling thumbs and assorted appendages waiting for the buffoonary to blow over and the track to re open.

My original request is still open. If anyone wants to meet up in Pen Bay, I’m there most weekends, although maybe not so much for a while…

[quote=“Jonny Crisp”][quote=“MLR”]That’s terrible, I remember there weren’t much or any residential housing nearby when I first went there around 4 years ago while the place was still being built.
Taiwan/Taiwanese is not very accepting of racing as a sport and is more seen as being a maniac/attention whore/rebel. I remember in my early teens, before I could go racing by myself, I was met with a lot opposition from my family and relatives.[/quote]

I think the problem was they ignored the regulations and opened anyway, hoping to avoid implementing whatever steps they should have. I might be wrong but it seems they are temporarily closed to try to bring the track up to the originally agreed standards. The hotel at the track had some “issues” and a lot of the facilities (health/medical centre) are not yet completed. Meanwhile everyone is left twiddling thumbs and assorted appendages waiting for the buffoonary to blow over and the track to re open.

My original request is still open. If anyone wants to meet up in Pen Bay, I’m there most weekends, although maybe not so much for a while…[/quote]

hmm… yea, that would definite cause some problems… race tracks are not easy to manage.
Does it cost anything to watch?

[quote=“Jonny Crisp”][quote=“MLR”]That’s terrible, I remember there weren’t much or any residential housing nearby when I first went there around 4 years ago while the place was still being built.
Taiwan/Taiwanese is not very accepting of racing as a sport and is more seen as being a maniac/attention whore/rebel. I remember in my early teens, before I could go racing by myself, I was met with a lot opposition from my family and relatives.[/quote][/quote]

My original request is still open. If anyone wants to meet up in Pen Bay, I’m there most weekends, although maybe not so much for a while…[/quote

I have stayed at the hotel…great carbon fibre doors !!! but still not “officially”; open i think? I have learned to accept that the taiwanese WILL fuck up any good oppportunity they have…this is based on experience .They just can not seem to get it right. we would like to start a Race series but until these Wankers sort themselves out its very hard to invest in a Country hellbent on Fucking up a good opportunity to have a new Industry. The Taiwanese are their own worst enemies IMO. We are still trying. :ponder: