Penghu resort

Just go there, rent a scooter and drive around. You’ll find what you’re looking for. It’s a small place. I’ve been there more than 10 years ago and actually liked it a bit.
Friendly people, friendly police, nice place.

Got invited at someones home because it was raining and we were looking for shelter. It’s the day ofter a Typhoon. We spent the night before in a hotel there during the typhoon. Next day we rented some scooters and drove off, than it started raining. The rest you know.

Later this person took us to the local police station in one of the small villages and the big chief there invited us to lunch at his house and later took us into the military base, lighthouse. Remember, this was back in the early nineties.

Got some pictures of the lighthouse but not from the military installation, noway.

We had a good time back then on Penghu.

O, forgot to tell that the stupid foreigner, me, ordered seafood just by pointing at some fish. As we got the bill I almost got knocked over. Lunch for 2 … 3500 NT$ back in 1992. Oh my god that’s almost 13 years ago … I must be getting old by now.

A friend of mine stayed at a decent new hotel in Penghu recently. I am waiting for my wife to get the name and a link. I saw the photos and it looks OK, better then best one I could find in Makung there a few years ago. Searching for the name and link to their site for you guys.

Hello guys, I am willing to visit Penghu this year with my gf, but I don’t know anything about it and how much it would cost to go there. I ll probably take the airplane from Kaohsiung, if you have an idea, please let me know. Is it worth it?

There’s another recent thread…search is your friend.

See my new website on Penghu - currently being updated - will have more details in due course.

penghu-info.weebly.com