Pengjia Islet - Pengjia Islet (彭佳嶼) Off Limits to Foreigners

Though, it is not 彭佳嶼.

1 Like

In Taiwan it is legally linked and while not explicitly linked it in the end does end up being very much race related…

Literally Chinese and HK and Macau people are not classed as foreigners and overseas Chinese are…Overseas Chinese.
Notice the ‘Chinese’ part.

Now one can say other ethnicities can be ‘chinese’.

Bwahhahaha

But very likely the reason why this APRC resident of twelve years is still a foreigner and cannot visit that island is because he does not have Chinese blood.

It’s also the reason why they don’t change the law because it suits a lot of the conservative and pro Chinese discrimination types in Taiwan to keep non Chinese residents as foreigners. The ABC and TBC and HKers don’t suffer from this problem mostly and so you never see them complaining about it. They have a different natururalisation process and NOT classed as ‘waiguoren’ . They get easy naturalisation due to Chinese blood (place of Chinese origin…In the end it’s same thing for 99%).

I was just referring to the PengJiaYu case. I doubt that a US citizen with Chinese blood will be allowed on that island while a white or black dude is refused.

Yeah but he won’t be as long as he can link to Republic of China ancestry and reside here and he can get local ID really quickly. He won’t have that problem.
And the Chinese and HK and Macau guys that have naturalised won’t have that problem.
Ironically.

Legal status is race based because it is origin based to basically mono ethnic states through the male line .
It’s just two sides of the exact same coin.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t dispute any of it. Just wanted to be careful and not jump on the race car too quickly. :wink:

Would there be a similar scenario in a Western country, I wonder? Would it be easier for an American bloke to get the equivalent of a Green Card in the UK than, let’s say a dude from Mongolia?

I say we storm the island by force. This is an outrage!

:grandpa:

2 Likes

No

Good

Looks like an island that Napoleon could be exiled to?

1 Like

dont many countries give special treatments to descendants of their nationals?

because, China is not a foreign country.

and, they dont naturalise, because they are not foreigners.

My apt at Wanli has a clear view of it. I didnt realize it was even that big?

Are you talking about Keelung Islet (基隆嶼)? I highly doubt Pengjia could be seen from the mainland.

By the way, since you mentioned Wanli, have you ever gone to see the UFO neighborhood there?

oh ha sorry must be…you see one stinking little islet you see them all (joking).

So whats the attraction of visiting that particular little rock?

3 Likes

Yes I did and not only that i saw a REAL UFO !!!
I think ive told the story here once before but if u game i can tell it again?

I cant remember what i had for dinner two weeks ago but i can clear as day remember stuff from near 30 years ago !

What about ethnic Chinese born in SEA, or elsewhere?
I thought the reason they’re classes as overseas Chinese rather than foreigners was more a result of those places being part of the R.O.C. in name.

Would a non-Chinese citizen of HK be considered overseas Chinese?

BTW for those wondering how I know this thing. I saw it flying from Taoyuan to Japan a few years back… I took this photo myself from the plane. Can you see PengJiaYu? (Ironically, I was flying to Japan, which is the subject of another 外國人不行 post I made here regarding driving in Japan on a Taiwan drivers license, and the Traffic department calling me a foreigner, despite the fact I am a permanent resident, so I cannot get a translation of my Taiwanese license, - lucky on that trip to Japan I still had a working foreign license)).

Looks like a turd, why would you want to go there… ha ha

Check this out. Freagin Chimei Museum is being racist to us non-Tainan-ese.

Tainan CITIZENS free entry. Like they are better than us.

1 Like