People in Taiwan

How do you find the people in Taiwan? Nice? Friendly? Helpful? Rude?

Some are nice, some are friendly, some are helpful and some are rude. I find the good outweigh the bad.

I find the people of Taiwan to be reasonably nice, surprisingly careless drivers, terribly helpful, and for the most part, unintentionally rude.

I fear how they find me to be.

How do I find the people in Taiwan? They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE I TELL YOU, EVERYWHERE!!!

No, really. I find the people in Taiwan to be:… (drumroll please) TOO MANY!

Which leads me to a question one of my sons asked a few days ago.

Son: “Why is it so many people in Taiwan?”
Me: “Because Taiwan is such a nice place to live”
Son: “Australia is 200 times bigger, but have less people. Is that because Australia is not such a nice place to live?”
Me: :blush: :astonished: :help:

Extremely Friendly even when they don’t know you. But too curious about everything about you even when they don’t know you. And incredible ability to communicate to all the other Taiwanese anything they learn about you.

See the doctor.

How do you find the people in Taiwan?

Nice?
-----------> yes, some things about my wife are very nice!

Friendly?
------------> Wife in good mood.
And when I was introduced to an uncle last week he the dialouge was:
me: hi!
him: hahahahaha
So if that is not friendly… (funny, had my zip closed…)

Helpful?
------------> No, NEVER ever ask them “excuse me, where is …”, they will lead you astray (say thanks to ole Confucius for that)

Rude?
-------------> My wife in bad mood.

:stuck_out_tongue: what again was your question?

[quote=“jessccw”]How do you find the people in Taiwan?[/quote]I walk outside. Can’t miss 'em.

Incredibly, almost paralysingly, shy and reserved, which a lot of people interpret as coldness or aloofness. I should qualify this by saying that this is only with strangers; once you establish a relationship (friend, colleague, other), they can be the warmest, most kindhearted people in the world.

Is this a trick question!!! People are people so why should it be… :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

But, of course:

[b]People are strange, when you’re a stranger
Faces look ugly when you’re alone
People seem wicked, when you’re unwanted
Streets are uneven, when you’re down

When you’re strange- faces come out of the rain (rain, rain)
When you’re strange- no one remembers your name
When you’re strange, when you’re strange, when you’re str-ange [/b]

[quote=“Tigerman”]

[b]People are strange, when you’re a stranger
Faces look ugly when you’re alone
People seem wicked, when you’re unwanted
Streets are uneven, when you’re down

When you’re strange- faces come out of the rain (rain, rain)
When you’re strange- no one remembers your name
When you’re strange, when you’re strange, when you’re str-ange [/b][/quote]

Brrrrr… I suddenly feel cold and so alone…

Ups, 7.00pm in office and the aircondition is on.

:blush:

People are different from each other around the world and they are certainly different in Taiwan in many different ways.

[color=#DEE3E7]And before anyone takes this remark of being racist, the differences in culture, personalities and traditions should be acknowledged, experienced and celebrated. This is what stops the world from being a dull, boring monocultural place afterall.[/color]

Right on, Tigerman!

People here have never been anything but extremely nice and helpful towards me, even when I clearly did not deserve to be treated as such. People have always helpfully pointed out my faults to a large degree, especially when I did not wish them to. I could translate this as rudeness, but as I’ve said before; It’s like water off a duck’s ass!

QUACK QUACK!

Very nice people, but it’s a “same shit, different pile” sort of deal. You try to be more outgoing when you’re in a different country and they take it weird sometimes. I’ll tell ya though, if you are truly happy and you are really outgoing in a non-angry, non-trying-to-be-happy kind of way then people here really respond nicely. Especially the opposite sex. They can read you like a book in Taiwan.

So, the more cash you have, the more confident you’ll be. Hee hee.

Amen. But the problem is that the pile is bigger here.
I understand that the ratio of jackass/nonjackass is the same, but there are so many more people… :help:

[quote=“bob_honest”]How do you find the people in Taiwan?

Helpful?
------------> No, NEVER ever ask them “excuse me, where is …”, they will lead you astray (say thanks to ole Confucius for that)
[/quote]

Confucius’ fault? Nah…

Try going to India and asking for directions. They will (generally speaking of course) tell you detailed directions i.e. Go up the bridge, turn right, go around the round-about to the 2nd street and make a right. You’ll see a green sign blah blah blah…Only to find that they had no idea where to go and none of those things even exist.

They just don’t want to look stupid/ignorant compared to the visitor to their country.

Its the other way around, they find me. I am the one thats hiding.

Chou

[quote=“Lo Bo To”][quote=“bob_honest”]How do you find the people in Taiwan?

Helpful?
[/quote]

Confucius’ fault? Nah…

Try going to India and asking for directions. They will (generally speaking of course) tell you detailed directions i.e. Go up the bridge, turn right, go around the round-about to the 2nd street and make a right. You’ll see a green sign blah blah blah…Only to find that they had no idea where to go and none of those things even exist.

They just don’t want to look stupid/ignorant compared to the visitor to their country.[/quote]

Usually depicted in Taiwan as the lose-face thing; so probably India has developed a similar concept. People will always find a reason to do strange things. Confucius serves well as a perfect general purpose excuse :smiley:

And now all you “no Taiwanese are just like us Westerners” political correct policemen roll in. Please have mercy on me, not all again… :frowning: