Perfect Weather

Isn’t it just lovely at the moment.

Not too hot with a gentle cooling breeze. I love Taiwan when it’s like this. Perfect for sipping a beer and watching the world go by.

I was thinking this yesterday. Perfect.

Indeed. Pity I need to schlep to work in 30 minutes. I did take Friday off, though. To watch the opening ceremony and opening game of Rugby World cup 2011. :yay: Hope the weather stays like this!

I would classify it more like “Ahh, thank God it’s finally cooling off. I’m not a drenched after a 5 minute walk, praying to the god(s) that the sun isn’t out”.

I have a Taiwanese friend who came back from the US for 3 weeks. I believe her first words in Taiwan were “It’s so hot”.

I’m waiting for the Winter ^.^

!!??

Obviously, it depends where you live. FYI, the air quality is close to unhealthy in the whole central area of Taiwan. EPA says:
Adverse effects by regional atmospheric dispersion, high concentrations of ozone, Southwest region of poor air quality levels, the Department reminded the public attention to prevention.
So instead of sipping a beer and watching the world go by, I suggest you close your doors and windows and stay home… especially if you have children. Autumn is coming.

Check the EPA Air Quality Monitoring Network here:
taqm.epa.gov.tw/taqm/en/PM25Map.aspx

I personally need it a good 5-10F degrees cooler for “perfection” but I’m afraid that will bring all the rain :confused:

Great weather, great breeze so we took the kids to CKS Memorial to run around. It was wonderful, indeed.
However, I did find myself wishing I was in Da’An Park since the air was quite smoggy as keroliver points out.

For how long does this last? It’s quite nice.

[quote=“keroliver”]!!??

Obviously, it depends where you live. FYI, the air quality is close to unhealthy in the whole central area of Taiwan. EPA says:
Adverse effects by regional atmospheric dispersion, high concentrations of ozone, Southwest region of poor air quality levels, the Department reminded the public attention to prevention.
So instead of sipping a beer and watching the world go by, I suggest you close your doors and windows and stay home… especially if you have children. Autumn is coming.[/quote]
Yeah, when I asked the kids what the weather was like today they all said, “Cloudy.” I had to explain the difference between cloudy and air pollution…

OK. The weather appears to be nice, but in reality we’re all going to die of respiratory failure and/or some pollution induced cancer.

I was in a good mood earlier today.

maybe you could have a Pimms after your afternoon at the Regatta! That would cheer you up

[quote=“keroliver”]Check the EPA Air Quality Monitoring Network here:
taqm.epa.gov.tw/taqm/en/PM25Map.aspx[/quote]

It’s not great but it varies if you look at each area of the larger regions.

Btw, ozone is usually only a problem from about 10am to about 4pm. It builds and breaks up. In Taipei it’s also worth noting that with air pollution caused by inversions (which is why the air stinks before rain) and vehicle traffic, evenings and nighttime air is dramatically different from daytime. It’s also dramatically different in the suburbs and by the rivers away from traffic and of course after rains. in general as you’ve indicated, weather is more of a factor in Taipei’s air quality than anything else.

The south tends to have air quality issues all day because of the presence of factories and coal plants.

[quote=“tomthorne”]OK. The weather appears to be nice, but in reality we’re all going to die of respiratory failure and/or some pollution induced cancer.
[/quote]

No. You’ll dissolve way before that happens, so don’t worry.

To the west I can see the hills above sanxia, clear as day. To the northesast I can see Guanyinshan, Beitou and Tianmu. If that’s pollution, then bring it on! :laughing:

[quote=“Super Hans”][quote=“tomthorne”]OK. The weather appears to be nice, but in reality we’re all going to die of respiratory failure and/or some pollution induced cancer.
[/quote]

No. You’ll dissolve way before that happens, so don’t worry.[/quote]
I smoke to protect my lungs from the pollution. It seems to be working so far.

To the west I can see the hills above Sanxia, clear as day. To the northesast I can see Guanyinshan, Beitou and Tianmu. If that’s pollution, then bring it on! :laughing:[/quote]

Odd because here in Bitan I can smell the ozone at ground level and see haze everywhere.

To the west I can see the hills above Sanxia, clear as day. To the northesast I can see Guanyinshan, Beitou and Tianmu. If that’s pollution, then bring it on! :laughing:[/quote]

Odd because here in Bitan I can smell the ozone at ground level and see haze everywhere.[/quote]
You need to get up and out of the river basin, my good man. The air down your way, by the way, is kind of brownish yellow right now. I can see it below me.

Odd because here in Bitan I can smell the ozone at ground level and see haze everywhere.[/quote]
You need to get up and out of the river basin, my good man. The air down your way, by the way, is kind of brownish yellow right now. I can see it below me.[/quote]

Yes, I should move closer to the incinerator in your part of the world. :wink:

Didn’t know you were in the hills though. How high up?

About a few dozen meters higher than the top of the incinerator stack across the valley. Thank god for prevailing winds!

Indeed. They don’t seem to be favoring me this summer though. Twas much better last year.

Perfect weather = perfect smalltalk