Periods as post topics

As one who considers temp to be possibly the greatest subforum on forumosa, may I request that the period not be used as the title of posts?

Not because I think the original title is important but merely because I’m lazy and the period is a small character, so it takes slightly more work to position the mouse cursor over it in order to click…

Might I suggest the @ symbol, being rotund and kindly, or the & symbol, which splays out in an enticing (though slightly lurid) manner? Both entreat the user to click, the first with gentility and grace and the second with brazen sensuality, whereas the period displays a prickly attitude as it hides low and small upon the horizon of the baseline.

Thank you for your consideration.

I suspect those threads are meant to be more difficult to access. Make people work to see the drama and things are presumably less likely to get out of hand…

Aha!! It’s like that dreams within dreams movie… I suspect I’ll soon be hunted down for exposing the conspiracy. I imagine Jimi merely left the public eye so his undercover exploits wouldn’t be exposed. Plausible deniability and all.

Huzzah, to Wikileaks with the truth!!

I got all the crimson prose you need, boys.

[quote=“skoster”]As one who considers temp to be possibly the greatest subforum on forumosa, may I request that the period not be used as the title of posts?

Not because I think the original title is important but merely because I’m lazy and the period is a small character, so it takes slightly more work to position the mouse cursor over it in order to click…

Might I suggest the @ symbol, being rotund and kindly, or the & symbol, which splays out in an enticing (though slightly lurid) manner? Both entreat the user to click, the first with gentility and grace and the second with brazen sensuality, whereas the period displays a prickly attitude as it hides low and small upon the horizon of the baseline.

Thank you for your consideration.[/quote]

This: &

Is very likely the most obscene thing I’ve seen all week.
Is it hot in here???

(faints dead away)

It’s kind of an ingrained habit. It’s not like it’s a scheme to make it difficult to click on, though that thought probably played some part in its genesis. From my viewpoint there is however no reason to make these posts easier to see, or it would have been left with some form of title. We might be stuck with this one, though it’s up to the individual mod.

skoster,

The very next time I have to temp something form Learning Chinese – and if I’m not mistaken, the next catfight about Romanization is due in about 13 and a half months – I’ll put a nice fat “@” on it for you. :smiley:

I usually use something other than a period as a new title when sending something to temp.
For a while there, it was getting out of hand, what with ^, -, /, \ , and of course, & , not to mention, , , making several appearances.

And here I was wondering why there would be a thread about women’s monthly business…

For the love of all that’s holy, I implore you!!!

(faints dead away)

Using the dot has also partly evolved as a way of preventing the mods being too creative and condescending when creating these temped apparitions. People would have previously had a post temped and given the title such as, “Superking spouts off about his sandy vagina.” This would then lead to even more cups of piss being slung.

Temping something is very subjective in many cases. Lording that subjectivity over your peers isn’t a good way to keep friends. Giving the title a dot shows it’s just something that needed/warranted/ was subjectively selected for temping.

Using the dot has also partly evolved as a way of preventing the mods being too creative and condescending when creating these temped apparitions. People would have previously had a post temped and given the title such as, “Superking spouts off about his sandy vagina.” This would then lead to even more cups of piss being slung.

Temping something is very subjective in many cases. Lording that subjectivity over your peers isn’t a good way to keep friends. Giving the title a dot shows it’s just something that needed/warranted/ was subjectively selected for temping.[/quote]

Couldn’t be sorrier about your wee vagina, my love.
Just saying.

[quote=“Rocket”]

Couldn’t be sorrier about your wee vagina, my love.
Just saying.[/quote]

And some posts make a decision to expedite their journey to temp more clear cut than others. :hubba: :heart:

[quote=“superking”]

Temping something is very subjective in many cases. Lording that subjectivity over your peers isn’t a good way to keep friends. Giving the title a dot shows it’s just something that needed/warranted/ was subjectively selected for temping.[/quote]

Good points, and definitely stuff that has been discussed before.

Ah, but it’s all languishing in temp, so there’s no way I could search for it before replying.

Personally, I never post topics about my periods.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“superking”]

Good points, and definitely stuff that has been discussed before.[/quote]

Indeed, but such points need to be made again as people simply won’t search for answers.

By a process of attrition, one day I will become the most likely candidate to become a mod once more. :wink:

[quote=“urodacus”]
Personally, I never post topics about my periods.[/quote]
That’s even funnier the thousandth time! :roflmao:

Barrel 'o laffs! :roflmao: