Permanent Residency

It has been brought to my attention that after 5 years in Taiwan, one can apply for a permanent ARC. I have been at my current job for 1.5 year, but before that I worked at Kojen for 4 years. I have had the same ARC number consistently. Do you know if I am eligible to apply for permanent residence in Taiwan? There was a small break between my previous job and my current one, but I have kept the same ARC number. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

[quote=“dreamlife76”]It has been brought to my attention that after 5 years in Taiwan, one can apply for a permanent ARC. I have been at my current job for 1.5 year, but before that I worked at Kojen for 4 years. I have had the same ARC number consistently. Do you know if I am eligible to apply for permanent residence in Taiwan? There was a small break between my previous job and my current one, but I have kept the same ARC number. Please let me know if this is possible.[/quote]Yes, it looks pretty good for you. However, you should go to the NIA and have them run your record in their computers and they can difinitvely tell you whether or not you possess the basic qualifications to apply.

Basic Qualifications.

1. Have possessed an employment based ARC or a JFRV marriage based ARC for five continuous years without a break. As long as you haven’t had a change in immigration status during this time you should be alright

2. Have lived in Taiwan for at least 183 days per each year out of those five years.

3. Have had an income of at least $420,000 for the past tax year.

4. Be able to pass a police criminal background check for Taiwan.

5. Be able to pass a FEDERAL police criminal background check from you home country. For the US, that means FBI background check. A major pain in the ass!

For me, they have asked for 5 million NT on my bank account. Damned, is that different depending on hair color? :noway:

Depends, are you also an Oversize Chinese like me? :smiley: (just kiddding, Bob)

You married, no? You guys have a house? That’s your 5 million right there.

[quote]9. Financial assets *Choose one option of the following (A) or (B)
(A) Salary Certificate or Withholding & Non/Withholding Tax Statement showing the average income for each month for the last one year is twice as much as basic wage (NT$ 34,560/per month) set by Council of Labor Affairs of Executive Yuan

(B) The property evaluation was more than 5 million dollars
a. Certificate showing Account Balance for the last one year> this certificate is valid within one month of the issue date.
b. Real Estate Appraisal Report issued by the Ministry of Economic Affairs> copies of company’s license and business registration with Company’s and chief’s personal seals.
10. Copies of the latest 3 years Work Permit issued by the government authority
11. Employment Certificate with company’s and chief’s personal seals (valid for 1 month from the date of issue).
[/quote]

Easy as pie… except for the criminal record from your country of birth, that is.