Permissibility of transferring years accumulated to "Gold Card" ARC?

Can the time accumulated from other work permits be counted as part of the five years under a “Gold Card” ARC? In other words, if I have years working in Taiwan under other legal work situations and receive a “Gold Card” ARC, do I have to work five more years under the “Gold Card” to receive a permanent ARC, which has the benefit of not having to stay in Taiwan for ~180 days each year?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Yup, no problem, works as expected. NIA confirms.

That and much more discussed at