Permission for substitute teaching

Since there are many ads up both for schools looking for substitute teachers and for substitute teachers looking for work, I wonder if there is a way to get permission on your ARC to do subsitute work at a school for a limited time. It woud be good to know, just in case :wink: .

I see no way that it’s possible unless they go thru the trouble of getting you a work permit. As far as I understand it, the work permit thing is pretty inflexible. I get frustrated that you can’t sub at different branches. That is a completely logical thing that should (but won’t) be included with a work permit.

Another odd thing is the way people OPENLY advertise for it and promote it. :loco:

You can do it if they apply for a separate work permit. But you must make sure that your subbing address is on your ARC. Otherwise you are working illegally, and if caught, will be deported.

Balance it up. Is it worth a few extra hours risking deportation? Usually it is, but consider your aims and future. Do you wish to stay in Taiwan indefinitely? Do you want to make a quick buck and don’t really care? Careful thought.

Why would they bother to apply for a seperate work permit, if you are only going to work there for a week? Otherwise it isn’t really subbing, is it?

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote]
You can do it if they apply for a separate work permit. But you must make sure that your subbing address is on your ARC. Otherwise you are working illegally, and if caught, will be deported.
[/quote]
Why would they bother to apply for a separate work permit, if you are only going to work there for a week? Otherwise it isn’t really subbing, is it?[/quote]

Have we gone full circle on why subbing is illegal? No work permit means that you can’t work at all.