Personal experiences in the testing/reporting/quarantine process

lol, nah that guy isn’t me. I’m not at that stage … yet.

But it’s an absolute shambles this system. The nearest hospital I could book a PCR test is an hour away. I don’t see WHY I need a PCR test anyway. I know I have covid. I tested positive for covid this morning.

If I could just stay home, wfh without doing anything else I’d be fine and dandy. Now, my headaches flaring up, I’m coughing more and my chest hurts … and it’s all because of the stress and hassle.

Not to mention leaving the house for a few hours to get the PCR test rather than resting and so risking spreading it to everybody else.

7 Likes

They said walk or bike or scooter or … weirdly … taxi. I’d have thought taxi would be prohibitied too.

1 Like

Plague taxi i think is ok… Normal taxi is not

1 Like

This should add to your stress more

8 Likes

The headline seems kinda misleading, since what Chen is actually quoted as saying is more like “ehhh, in theory, but we won’t know, so do what you like”.

5 Likes

I’m commited to getting the PCR test anyway. I foolishly told work and they are sticklers for the rules.

I wish I’d sabotaged my test now to get negative,

I think he sorta is giving up. So much stuff is happening and so many positives daily, its hard to see who is where. My coworkers had covid last week as they checked by rapid testing. They just stayed home for a week and this week came back to work and now sitting next to me all happy and good. Didnt told anyone. So, its no suprising that unless your work demands it, most people arent gonna comply anymore considering getting covid is way way less worse than dealing with the system afterwards. @The_Ghost is paying for being the honest one.

5 Likes

Consider yourself lucky. Best thing to have in Taiwan is a boss who follows the rules

4 Likes

That’s true. I bitch about my company sometimes because of the occasional idiocy, but hwne it comes to hiring, firing, holidays, bonuses and that sort of thing … they are entirely by the book and, actually, quite fair about it.

I know they’re not gonna screw me over the way some do.

4 Likes

Are you our first regular Forumosan to contract it in Taiwan?

3 Likes

Could be.

First time I ever win anything and its the plague prize

11 Likes

I don’t think you should be taking public transport, personally. Don’t know what the official guidance is now, but I’d be surprised if you’re supposed to take public transport as well.

If it was me, I’d also (indeed, mostly) be concerned about getting heavily fined for doing so while knowingly infected, especially as you’re a foreigner. Maybe this is something you could mention to your employer - that you can’t get to the hospital, 1922 is fucked at the moment, and you don’t want to get fined for exposing others, and if they’re going to insist you get tested they’ll need to arrange appropriate transport for you at a closer facility or agree to take responsibility for any legal ramifications of forcing you to go out while sick.

Or they can just decide to rely on the rapid test result and let you work from home.

4 Likes

Cheers. Yea, i will say to work i cant get there

Google maps led me on a 30 minute division into a HSR service depot rather than the hospital. Brilliant…

1 Like

Jesus fucking christ. The pcr test… i swear he touched brain.

8 Likes

Did you really just take public transport to get there, or were you able to arrange a quarantine taxi?

1 Like

I’m not sure why they do it so harshly here. Other countries have gotten it down to a science where it’s not as bad as it used to be. Here, they don’t think it’s done properly unless you’re getting a partial lobotomy. I once had a micro camera snake deep into my nasal passage to see if I had a deviated septum (I did :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:). I wonder if it’s like that.

Qyarantine taxi

4 Likes

Good ghost.

Im sure my test is contaminated. Dr Satan took me by surprise so i ended up swearing, loudly, and pulling away so it fell out and then having a sneezing fit

I now feel mych worse than i did this morning

2 Likes