Personal experiences in the testing/reporting/quarantine process

SYS and DIA is your blood pressure. Systolic is the top number, Diastolic is the bottom number.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Clearly getting higher due to this shambolic process.

Hell I feel mine getting higher just reading this thread. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

Attention: You can only change your google store location once a year, so don’t do it willy-nilly unless you are sure you want the tw google play store for a whole year.

@The_Ghost

1 Like

Poor @The_Ghost I would have said screw it long ago.
Don’t test, don’t tell is the best policy at the moment. PS… A friend says bloody Marys with real horseradish and wasabi crisps do help with the sore throat but unfortunately lead to worse headaches. Still deciding if it was worth it or not.

3 Likes

This is typical of things in Taiwan. Apps that are Taiwan-only for NO good reason. It costs only something like $20 more to have your app available worldwide. Zero consideration for tourists, foreigners etc.

And for what it’s worth, I heard that compliance with people actually filling in contact details and submitting location history etc is much less than 50%. So apparently most Taiwanese are not bothering to do all of the things you are trying to do.

Where do you guys find the home testing kit? Does 711 sell them or are they pretty much all sold out?

1 Like

There are few options. First one ofcourse is be in line for hours based on your turn and get the government kits from any pharmacy. Some other places also sell it. You might find in family mart or 7-11. Simple mart also recently sells it but the issue with those is you have to be quick. They also sell out within an hour or so.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ll hit 711 up when the delivery truck arrives.

Better idea would be ask the cashier. Usually they have like some line group where they send message when they have kits available. Thats how all taiwanese know when to go and buy it.

5 Likes

The convenience stores will start selling the test kits tomorrow. 50 sets per store. So hurry…or find an out of the way convenience store.

Carrefour, Cosmed and Watson’s will have them too.

Stock up on Panadol/painkillers and throat lozenges while you’re there.

1 Like

Just went thru Japan’s Covid entry system today. Did a spit test and used a government app for handling all required documentation Took one hour and now I’m wandering the countryside freely. If Japan can do it without all the drama Taiwan should be able to do it too.

10 Likes

Do you happen to know what would have happened if you had a positive test?

No. I was handed information sheets explaining all the options but was so busy working my way thru the Covid and residency systems that by the time I was done I found myself out on the streets, home free.

2 Likes

We have a kid who we think has Covid (fever yesterday). Several classmates tested positive and they stopped class on Friday. Trying to figure out what we have to do. I’ve told the school where I teach and where he went but have not yet filled out the app program thingy.

My questions:
(1) If the government can’t send out tests and you can’t give your card to others, how do you get tests while in quarantine? Am I allowed to go to pharmacy to buy them for those of us who haven’t tested?
(2) Is it theoretically possible to have kid/spouse in quarantine in the backroom and I’d stay in self-management? (I know this is probably wishful thinking, but thought I’d ask.)

Finally got an email to send my covid form.

ntpc249@ntpc.gov.tw

If anyone else needs it. Why couldn’t they just have that on the form itself?

It’s not like it would take up much room.

8 Likes

Looks like a Xinbei email address.

I look forward to the fun-and-games if this happens to me in Taipei City. Hopefully there will be extra youbikes around if I need them. :neutral_face:

Guy

4 Likes

Just dont bother lol

The only positive out of it is I get to WFH, which I enjoy as I get more sleep, more free time in the evengings (granted, I can’t do much) and dont have to deal with annoyances like people.

11 Likes

Nice to look on the bright side!

Guy

1 Like

Gotta say, I’m glad I had a stockpile of food and snacks ready beforehand. 2 weeks worth, just in case.

I envision actually getting food deliveries arranged if you didn’t have any in would be extremely difficult and nonsensical if everything else in the process is anything to go by.

4 Likes