"Personal leave" (事假)

So according to Article 7 of the ‘Regulations of Leave Taking of Workers’:

“In the event of matters which a worker must personally deal with, he shall be entitled to normal leave without pay not exceeding fourteen days in one year.”

Does anyone know what this means in practice for office workers? Seems like an employer could argue they need to be informed (in writing?) what personal problem you need to deal with, but also seems like it could be used to have an additional vacation period if you don’t mind not being paid for it.

You don’t have to say what the personal leave is for.

If the leave is health related then take a sick leave for half pay. But this needs a note from doctor.

2 Likes

You need to give a “reason”, but it doesn’t say how specific the reason needs to be.

Art. 10:

When a worker demands a leave, he shall make prior oral or written statements giving the reasons and time for such a leave; but, in case of emergency, he may entrust some one to make the leave request for him. The employer may demand the worker to submit relevant documentary evidence.

勞工請假時,應於事前親自以口頭或書面敘明請假理由及日數。但遇有急病或緊急事故,得委託他人代辦請假手續。辦理請假手續時,雇主得要求勞工提出有關證明文件。

So technically, you should be fine if you write “reason for taking leave: personal”. I don’t recall any case in which this question arose.

Note that Act of Gender Equality in Employment Art. 20 defines family care leave as a type of personal leave.

1 Like

Not only technically.
That’s what I have done for all my personal leaves.

1 Like

My water Buffalo :water_buffalo: is sick always worked for me.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: My water buffalo :buffalo: is sick

A post was merged into an existing topic: My water buffalo :water_buffalo: is sick