Pet dog kills stray in Keelung

Because they live there. And pee on it.

1 Like

Usually they live far from humans. And I’m sure those dogs don’t live there, I’ve pass by there countless times.

I’m sure some dogs are just born jerks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z834x4Qk_pM

What’s the latest on this case ?

It turns out the stray dog was selling weed to all its stray friends, but owed too much money to the pet dog.

Or maybe I’m getting my cases mixed up.

2 Likes

Yes and on that note what’s the latest on that unhappy occurrence ? Just a case of …throw away the key see ya in thirty years I guess…

The dog is in a shelter in Keelung.

I was asked to assess him and see if he can be rehabilitated. He’s actually quite a nice dog. He’s had zero obedience training, nothing. We managed to get him walking with other dogs and let them sniff him.

He needs daily training and he’s getting out of his cage once a week in the shelter. I asked if they can transfer him to a shelter in Zhonghe then I can get to him most days. But Keelung and Zhonghe have different bosses blah blah and mei you Banfa at the moment. I am going to give them a bit of time to get their act together before causing a scene. If he’s in a box 6 days and 23 hours a week he will eventually bite his jailers and he will be euthanized.

The dog may or may not have got out to attack the street dog. But there is video evidence of his owner filming close up on his phone shouting kill it kill it. It was not an accident.

2 Likes

He should be given a chance
Caged all day? No he doesn’t deserve that.

The owner should be punished severely if he purposely set his dog on other dogs for cruel pleasure

Well there is the possibility of a prison sentence as well as a huge fine. I’m not holding my breath. But it’s why I’m motivated to demonstrate the dogs nature is not what was shown.

Just been told Zhonghe shelter won’t take him. It means I can’t train the poor guy. Keelung shelter is over an hours drive for me so it takes too much out of my day. Very disappointed

Such a pity for the pittie. Because of a bad owner, an insecure man who should keep a pet rock and nothing else, three innocent living things are gone.

Anyone know of the outcome?

It’s rotting in the shelter because Keelung animal protection and New Taipei animal protection don’t work together .

Was he using another dog as a decoy to deliver the goods?

Not sure what you mean ?

What about the owner?
Got away with his blood lust?

Like I said earlier, I trust strays more than these vicious chained-up pitbulls who snarl and snap at strangers passing by. Most strays are sweet natured in my experience and don’t have toxic owners abusing them and training them to be killing machines.

1 Like

I wonder if a dog whisperer type - Riggers? could adopt it and bring it back to dog civility?

I have 4 dogs in my home, and a 2 year old kid. Just the exercise commitment for the dog would be 2 hours a day. Time that I would prefer to spend with my family. The authorities are far too reliant as it is on the public dealing with the mess of dogs in this country.

It sounds like you wish you didn’t have that many dogs. How’d you wind up with 4 in the first place?