Pet-loss support group?

I lose my son Sox yesterday morning. He was a dream dog… like many other brilliant dogs, he is a bilingual, curious, playful, always have fun, chasing after birds and butterflies… love ribs, like blue, and dislike yellow.

During the time when we were fighting against diabetes, I discovered many of my neighbors and even my own family didn’t understand why I went to such extent to help my son. When I lose him, it’s hard for me to relay my feelings to them, and vice versa. It’s like there is a canal between us. Although this is probably the common situation in Taiwan, I am sure there are a lot of people like me, who treat a dog like a son (or daughter), and when the sons/daughters are ill, we do everything we can to help them fight back the disease.

So I think it might be worthy to ask if anyone know any pet support groups… where pet owners can share their experience of taking care of their babies… and celebrate a life who once was so radiant that light up the faces around it.

Sorry for your loss.

We could start a thread here if that would help.

My condolences for your loss. Could I recommend altering the title of this thread to “Pet loss support”, or something similar?

Good idea. Done.

(jennifer, I’m a mod so can edit titles, etc.)

Raising a pet sometimes needs support from other similar pet owners. Especially when pets are ill.
I don’t why we should just focus on pet loss support. Pets who are suffering cancer, diabetes, and other diseases also need help, so does their owners.
so, please don’t change the title.

And, if anyone knows any support group like this, where pet owners can get together… please advice, real contact with people will be nice…

Sorry to hear about Sox. Rest assured he was comforted by your love.

Yes, we pet owners can’t stop talking about our furry friends and we do need support from other pet owners when the going gets tough. I usually post here when my beloved Toto, who suffers from epilepsy and is going senile, starts up a storm of trouble. But I also have a coworker who is very devoted to his dogs and has also suffered the loss of a long time pal after a protracted disease to talk in person. But I don’t know about specific groups.

[quote=“jennifer_taiwanese”]Raising a pet sometimes needs support from other similar pet owners. Especially when pets are ill.
I don’t why we should just focus on pet loss support. Pets who are suffering cancer, diabetes, and other diseases also need help, so does their owners.
so, please don’t change the title.

And, if anyone knows any support group like this, where pet owners can get together… please advice, real contact with people will be nice…[/quote]
I am so sorry for your loss. I can not bring myself to own another Dog,after feeling the pain of losing mine.
They do become part of the Family and seeing them suffer (mine had Pancreatic Cancer) is a terrible thing.
I console myself,knowing that I gave him (I hope) a really good life,spoiling him.loving him. as much as was possible. Many friends suggested,that I get another Dog immediately.however,for me, it was not “Dogs” that I missed…but MY dog.
There is no way to lessen the Pain.I am afraid. Time really is the best healer and the pain of your loss will decrease in time…I promise you.
I am happy you had some time together. Sorry I have no Magic Bullet for you.

Sorry for your loss. I consider my pets as part of my family. Though I won’t compare it with losing a human family member, the passing away of a beloved animal is never easy on one’s soul.

Just now I resent our home… he is not there, the house is nothing but an empty space… with a lot of memories. It’s unbearable…

Just think that you have someone looking after you from above:

They are faithful to no end. He would like you to be happy, too, now that he suffers no more. True, losing a pet is losing a dear friend. We do not miss a dog, we miss our dog. But for their sake, we gotta be strong.

A church lady told me I can ask God’s mercy on me to let Sox go into heaven… so after I die, we can meet there.
I also google online today… there are few places in Bible said God also concerns animals, and animals will also be there in the new world.
This gives me some hope. I certainly want to see that big brown arse with swing tail again.